SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosebay_gw

Final kitchen layout review - small galley kitchen

rosebay
8 years ago

I've received some great advice from this forum, and have some finalized plans. Most of them are exactly what I want, but I would like your advice on the range side of the kitchen. Specifically, the drawer configuration. I am wondering if it would be better to have a narrow pullout organizer cabinet (like [Revashelf pullout[(https://www.houzz.com/products/11-base-cabinet-organizer-with-knife-block-soft-close-prvw-vr~38099798)) to the right of the gas stove top, and that would allow for about 30" of drawers to the left. (Please note - the warming drawer at the bottom of the oven stack has been eliminated from the final plan).

If I could ask for quick responses - I have to get this finalized today, if at all possible.

There are a few other changes that have been made since these drawings were created, and I've included notes with each drawing.

Over head - Laundry room: The laundry room is adjacent to the kitchen and will be separated by a barn door

These are shallow pantry cabinets - changed to all doors facing forward, and one cabinet will be side for broom closet.

The cabinet to the left is for the dog dishes - raised for my lab. The cabinets will be a little taller than standard, to allow for an uninterrupted surface from the washer/dryer to the cabinets.

Dining bench seat

There will be a shelf between the two piers, with uplighting.

Kitchen

I am wondering if I should do a wider bank of drawers to the left of the range top, and have a narrow cabinet with a pullout pantry organizer to the right. This would give me a single bank of wider drawers, right next to the bank of drawers under the stove top. (note - the warming drawer at the bottom of the oven stack has been removed).

I've changed from the farmhouse sink to a Franke Orca - I love the accessories that go with the Orca, like the drying shelf and the cutting board. The other slight modification to this configuration: - I've added a [rev a shelf pullout[(https://www.houzz.com/products/base-cabinet-pullout-tray-divider-foil-holder-sink-and-base-accessories-prvw-vr~21616202) to the left of the sink, and then a single bank of wide drawers instead of two banks of drawers between the pullout and the wine chiller.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Anita

Comments (26)