SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahbr2

Help with master bath layout- shower door opening.

sarahbr2
8 years ago

Hoping someone can help us. We are building a new home and things are already framed. We need to decide how the shower door will open- something we didn't consider (and apparently our architect also overlooked). Here is the plan. The door could open out towards the main entry to the bathroom but the two doors would be within about 1' of each other. The other option is to angle the door a little (so it's angled towards the sink). Any thoughts on either of these? The length of the shower can vary a little, the tub is 42" wide and we need a minimum of 4" of tile on each end so that's 50" minimum (so there is some flexibility on how far out that tub bump out goes...but we have to decide by Thursday as it's being installed then). Another option is just having no shower door at all but that seems a bit weird to me (the shower is nearly 6' long so water probably wouldn't be a huge issue and the opening could be angled). I am thinking we need the area between the main door and the shower for a towel rack since I don't see any other great location for one. Any ideas on what you would do to make this shower door most functional? I Cross posted on the bathroom forum

Comments (9)