SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schmip

IKEA kitchen sale

8 years ago

At IKEA, I heard that the kitchen sale will start 3/4/16. It will be 15% off and in the form of store credit . I hope this helps someone. If anyone has more info, I'd be very interested in hearing it.

Comments (31)

• 8 years ago

I had read somewhere that they are now only offering the store credit option for the kitchen sale. Bummer. But better than nothing.

• 8 years ago

This is in the US? If so, that is good news. I need to pick cabinets up before that time, but I understand there's a price guarantee if you use the membership card.

• 8 years ago

Yes, in US. I don't know how it would work with price guarantee - take in your receipt when sale starts and get gift card then? I agree, not as good as before, and it used to be 20% if you hit a certain threshold.

• 8 years ago

Right now they are offering "free" kitchen planning (or more precisely, you pay the 199.00, then get it reimbursed if you buy a kitchen before August).

• 8 years ago

I think when I bought mine, it was either 10% off for the cabs, 20% if you went with appliances as well. I simply used it for all the 'finish' stuff (pullouts, handles, sink, faucet, countertops, etc).

• 8 years ago

I'm very disappointed to hear that they're switching to store credit! I'm thinking about doing IKEA cabinets but don't have a store in my state - meaning we'd have to rent a truck to drive them a few hundred miles home. The store credit really won't be helpful.

• 8 years ago

I'm hugely disappointed too, but I recently discovered the beauty of buying the heavy things online - the delivery price for what I bought was the same as the $40 "get it off the shelf and over to the delivery department" and the local delivery fee. I bought some PAX wardrobes and the heavy things are just a beast to manage even though i have a car that haul quite a bit.

• 8 years ago

beachem - we live about 300 miles from the nearest IKEA so, unfortunately, no delivery available. I'm trying really hard to anticipate every needed item since I know we can't just run back to the store.

• 8 years ago

Check with them about the delivery fee if you buy online in one order.

I would recommend that as those suckers are HEAVY. I'm using dollies to shift the boxes that I've built.

• 8 years ago

I saw that you can find out the number of boxes, their size and weight for every cabinet. A 36" wide base cabinet with all the parts was around 120 lbs.! I'll check on delivery, but just put in that one cabinet for a quote and a "parcel" delivery to me was $78. I'm afraid to find out what a whole kitchen might be - yikes.

• 8 years ago

If the store credit is immediately available, maybe I could buy $4500 (or whatever the minimum is) at the store in one purchase use the credit to finish the order the same day.

• 8 years ago

you might also check whether you will pay tax if you order online vs whether you buy in-store and take home. There may be some savings there to offset the delivery charge.

• 8 years ago

Good idea! The tax will be close to $500. That could be a game changer. I have a full shopping list set up so I'll see how that works out if I were to buy it online. Thank you guys for your thoughts. I'd never really considered that shipping might be a possibility.

• 8 years ago

OMG - beachem - you were right! One cabinet was $78 to deliver but delivery of all of my cabinets is quoted at $114! I was in the Denver store 2 months ago and the clerk in the kitchen department told me that shipping an entire kitchen to New Mexico wasn't possible. I never looked into it!

• 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Ikea delivery prices for big, heavy orders are very reasonable, in my experience. And they have always been super-nice, careful, bring the items to wherever I want them.

You couldn't drive the 300 miles and back for $114 (in a big rig that can haul that much, anyway). Totally worth it the savings of your time, too.

• 8 years ago

Kay that's great. Go for it. Figure out where you want them to put all the stuff first. Assign an entire large room to it.

Plan it out so that you can assemble easily without having to move some big honking 300 lbs box.

I had my cabs stacked according to size and the parts in a different room.

The drawers

I simply swivel a box to the empty area. Tilt it down, slice it open and assemble.

Ps I painted mine first before assembly. You wouldn't have to do that. I wanted my island to match the espresso doors.

• 8 years ago

funkycamper - the shipping price is a fraction of what it would have cost us to rent a truck and drive that distance. I'm thrilled that we won't have to do that.

beachum - That espresso finish is beautiful! Thanks for the tip on how to organize things. There are so many individual parts to keep track of that makes a lot of sense.

• 8 years ago

I'm about 6 hours from the nearest IKEA, my kitchen delivery was around $350. I ordered via the central kitchen ordering number, not from a store. The order process was quick and painless and the truck driver carried everything into my house. I think the guy that took my order said I had 30 days to inventory it, but everything was there and nothing was damaged. It was an easy decision for us since the alternative would have been to rent a truck and drive 6 hours to the Atlanta store and back.

• 8 years ago

Be careful and organized at delivery. You need to be prepared to inspect each box for damage and make sure you've received the items ordered. I copied my orders into a spreadsheet and sorted them by item number so I could find them quickly during check-in. If items are damaged you need to reject them with the shipping company. You need to do all of this before signing off for the delivery with the driver. It all happens so fast while you are making sure you are receiving the correct pieces and having them put the boxes where you need them. I've done several kitchens from 350 miles away and found delivery time the most stressful part because the delivery guys want to get out so fast. It does depends on the drivers! But still glad they do delivery.

• 8 years ago

kay b - another organizing tip, since the IKEA labels are small and hard to read, take a marker pen and write what the item is on the box. I had mine leaning against the walls and I wrote on the top edge. It also helped my husband since I had done all the planning and ordering, he didn't know the IKEA names, so my plain english names worked better.

• 8 years ago

Has anyone else heard about this sale? Will I hear through an IKEA email? I just decided on an IKEA kitchen after visiting the store last weekend. If I schedule their kitchen design services ASAP, will I be able to take advantage of the sale? Thanks!

• 8 years ago

In order to get the store credit, I believe the minimum order is $4000. (Alas for us!)

• 8 years ago

In Canada the sale just ended on Jan 11. It was in the form of a gift card. 10% on kitchen purchases. 15% if you buy kitchen plus one appliance. 20% if more than one appliance. Maybe yours will be the same format.

• 8 years ago

Ugh - looks like I'll be buying a cheap hood and microwave, donating it and getting my 20% credit. I am looking at spending about $15K on cabinets - I won't leave 10% on the table!

• 8 years ago

I don't think the US sale requires appliances. I think it is the minimum $4k spend. If you are buying pre-sale and want to price match, you might try asking a kitchen rep directly to make sure.

• 8 years ago

Also, if you are spending $15k, you might consider splitting it up so you can use the credit on the rest of the order. Otherwise you may end up with more store credit than you want.

• 8 years ago

Just commenting to keep up with new posts. Will be getting cabinets with the next sale, but really hate hearing it's no longer a percentage off the sale.

• 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

The US sale is 15 percent off, given in store credit, with no requirement to buy appliances. $4000 minimum purchase.

There's a parallel thread running on the same topic. To cross-check see: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3015064/no-ikea-summer-sale-this-year-2015

• 8 years ago

IKEA getting worse and worse every year. First the huge price increase with the new kitchen line, now 15% instead of the usual 20%, and that's store credit!!! They priced themselves back to where higher quality kitchens are an option again.

• 8 years ago

For those in Canada, Ikea just began their kitchen sale running from March 7 - April 18. The sale is $100 Back in Ikea Gift Cards for every $1000 you spend on kitchen purchases. (includes appliances, counters, sinks).

So as bad as 15% is in the USA, this is even worse! If you spent $4600 you would only get back $400 in Ikea Gift Cards which is less than 10%.

I will acknowledge the fact that there isn't a "minimum purchase" hurdle to deal with though.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm