SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evdesert

My yard is waking up

While the East coast gets hammered by a giant winter storm, my SoCal desert yard is starting to come back to life. My Key lime tree and variegated pink eureka lemon are starting to sprout new growth. Temps hovered in the mid 70's all week and we're headed for the low 80's next week. Time to get into gardening mode and get to work cleaning up and prepping for the February blooms that are sure to come in the next few weeks. Here are a few pics of my trees this morning.

Key lime

New leaves forming on the key lime

Variegated pink Eureka growth

Flower buds about to open on pink lemon

New leaves nice and purple, typical of this cultivar

My unknown Orange tree that finally produced fruit after 8 years in the ground. I'm thinking it's either a Valencia or a Trovita.

My brand new Tango mandarin planted last week. It has some leaf miner damage but it will be fine, I couldn't pass this tree up because it is from Young's nursery, they have the nicest trees when they mature. Plus this is on Macrophylla rootstock which has proven to do very well in my yard as evidenced by the 3' of growth my Oro Blanco put on its first season in the ground. My original Tango planted 2 years ago on Carrizo has done little in the way of growth so I figured I'd try one on macro and see how it does.

I hope all of my East coast garden web buddies are staying safe. Take care.

Evan

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida