SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poaky1

pest control mobile homes

poaky1
8 years ago

Does anyone have a good solution for keeping out rodents and snakes, from coming into your single/double wide trailers/ mobile homes? I have noticed that the plumbing areas in single/double wide trailers or Manufactured housing are a weak area where pests can and DO come in and quite frankly endanger the health of those living in these manufactured homes. I had lived in a doublewide Dutch housing model for about 4 years, and had cleaned house for someone for 1 year with a doublewide trailer. The problem was present in both mobile homes. Mice can and DO come in, and they seem to LOVE to POOP where the silverware is. In my Dutch model 1996 home they also came up under the large garden tub. I put some rodent killer (rat poison) and they would go into the crevices to die so you couldn't just go and search and get rid of the bodies, you had to smell the stench of decay of the bodies of them. My problem is why can't the manufactured home engineers, and designers, for lack of the correct word, design a system for the areas under the sinks, tubs, and showers, where a little mouse, snake, lizard or bug just can get their little asses in there to be a pestililence to the residence in the otherwise lovely home? I was thinking when I am old, maybe go towards the south for the colder months, but, my plan of renting a single wide for a few months will not be so good if the snakes and mice can come in easily. My hope is that someone can come up with a foolproof way to stop them from coming into all of our manufactured homes. And I am hoping that someone comes up with something that stops snakes. mice and bugs from coming up in everything from somebody's 1972 Windsor, to the 2012 Fleetwood. Of the Fleetwood is still being made in 2012, or whatever model is popular in 2016. I wish Windsor was still being made now, they were the best.

Comments (11)

Sponsored