SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mags438

Help, I don't want to crash and burn...again.

Mags438
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi all, I've been working on a budget kitchen for an investment property. I got some great help here and will be using the floor plan. (Thanks benjesbride!).

First, what size drop in sink works in a 36" cabinet in a galley kitchen? I know it's a balance between counter space and how large a sink...just give me the answer since I'll overthink it forever. What's appropriate? It's a 13ft wall.

Ok, so now for the color palette. I need something more modern with just a hint of trendy. My first effort:

I'm using IKEA off white shaker style cabs, that's a preformed laminate for countertop on the bottom, brown is vinyl flooring, mini-subway tile. Looks like I'm heading towards another 'crash & burn' with this palette.

OK, so next I took samples of everything I liked, to a trendy 'millennial'. This is what she put together:

The laminate is Formica's Blackstone with Etchings finish. It has little flecks in it, not sure which granite it mimics (I'm a soapstone gal), but it seems to have a shiny finish and some dimension when you run your hand over the sample. The gray is the vinyl flooring.

What do you think? Thanks

Comments (23)