SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gerald_waite

Plumeria Seedlings, looking for advice

Gerald Waite
8 years ago

Hello everyone, I have been reading these forums for a few months and have found lots of good information on my plumerias. I grew up with large plumerias in my front yard in SW Florida, and recently my mom brought me a few cuttings to root. I've lost about 5 of the cuttings to rot after I forgot to bring them in during a storm a few weeks back but have 9 more that seem to be doing fine. Only one has a leaf, but rest feel firm in the pots and the tips are shiny green. The stems are dehydrated so I've been misting them twice a day with water, superthrive and peroxide mixture. I tried the wet paper towel trick which seemed to help a little (wrap moist paper towel around the stalk). They are kept indoors currently in a room that stays around 70°. Any other suggestions on how to re-hydrate the cuttings without risking stem rot or destroying the roots?

I also started plumeria seedlings which are doing well. I have 12 currently growing, some better then others and wanted to see if I should be doing anything else or different. Currently they re potted in clear 12 oz cups so I can see the roots develop, and are sitting under LED grow lights. Most seem to be growing under the LED's pretty well. I mist them daily with a combination of water, superthrive, peroxide, Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro and Pro-Tekt. I only water when the soil is dry (use a moisture meter and can see soil in clear cups). I also recently put the seedlings on a heat mat. Soil mix is Miracle Grow Palm and Cactus mix. I've been thinking of adding BR-61 but I know its mainly used for a bloom booster.

Any help or feedback that can be provided would be great.

Comment