SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkart

Kraftmaid (HD) vs. Cliq Studios - kitchen cabinets

jkart
8 years ago

So far, I have gotten two quotes for our kitchen remodel. The Home Depot kraftmaid promo right now is 20% off list prices, plus a buy more save more deal from HD. Cliq Studios has 40% off their list (I believe this is their standard promo).

The designs are comparable, but with Cliq Studios I had them add some cabinets in the dining room (4 more cabinets). The HD quote only has the kitchen cabinetry.

Cliq Studios - $15K (25 cabinets)

Kraftmaid - $20K (21 cabinets)

The two brands seem comparable - both all-plywood construction, roll-out drawers in some cabinets, crown/base moldings, dovetail drawers, door panels on ends, some "feet" to finish cabinetry off to appear more like furniture, painted perimeter and stained island.

I have not gotten a quote from a custom shop, because all I have heard/read about my area (Chicago suburbs) is that custom is super expensive here. I have not quoted Ikea, as I don't want to go that route.

I'm leaning toward Kraftmaid, because of the fact that they have more options/colors/doors and I can sit with someone to make adjustments to the quote/design. They're just so expensive.

Anyone else experience and/or expertise with Kraftmaid? Are there any better pricing/promotions with their cabinets I can look for? How about Cliq Studios?

Comments (14)