SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ho69a

Help with small kitchen bathroom functional design

ho69a
8 years ago

Small cottage 21 by 21 area at back (front is bedrooms), each square is 1 foot. Am trying to incorporate functional kitchen, bathroom, eating area. Existing widnows and doors shown. I'd like to keep kitchen along wall 12 feet and include a 2 foot pantry at end, fridge, and oven (cottage grade oven and fridge). Can i do that in 12 feet which lines up with b athroom wall. I also need a microwave somewhere there. I sacrificed cabinets over sink portion which is 11 feet long, including sink, dishwasher to right of sink (dishes would need to go in cabinet by stove) but view and light important. I think I may have room for an island leaving 3 feet passage all around. Door at back goes to deck. We need closet space so placed a closet there at expense of another window. Space between closet and bathroom is for family table for eating and hanging out. I am thinking of putting a 3by3 laundry closet by bathroom, with vanity beside it. Laundry door can open towards family room or towards table. Vanity space approx 6 feet. On other side toilet, then one piece insert shower (52 inches wide), then additional storage closet if any left over space (length of bathroom fixed at 9 feet to match existing wall. Other option was to put laundry where closet by door is, but that would increase depth to 3 feet from 2 feet. This is currently an empty space other than door and windows, so I appreciate any suggestions from those who have been there, done that. Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!