SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spooky951

how does my Aloe Vera look?

spooky951
8 years ago

It is a pup i received from my loving grandmother(she lives in zone 9a, her aloe bush recieves part-shade). Her plant is huge. Its been about 6 months since i received it. It has grown slowly. I also live in zone 9a. Ive had it in potting soil this whole time. In summer(90*s/100*s) I'd water it about every 3/4 days in about full sun. Most of the day it enjoyed sunlight. This gave it the dry yellow tips :/ . Fall is basically summer turned a notch down here so it wasnt till about a week before Christmas that it became cold. I had a couple weeks of below 36* temp(it is outside on my porch) and it hasn't shown much damage if any? I have been watering about every 2 or 3 weeks. It rained a couple days ago! The soil is still moist and im unsure what to do about it. My plant has been a light-red hue for a while, in addition to the dry yellow tips. Im a beginner to gardening, and I'd like to know how my plant is doing from how it looks and how ive described its upbringing. I can take more photos if you need to see ?

Thank you if you take the time to read this and comment ! I appreciate all advice and comments!

Comments (3)