SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
obnoxious

Raising Grass Ground Level for Car Park at Home

obnoxious
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm just posting to see if I can get any assistance/advice on what I need to do to raise the grass/ground level at the back of my house so I can use it as a car park (me, my brother and father all have a car each; 3 cars). My brother and father park their car at the back of the house, whilst I currently park at the front (public road) and my car often gets vandalised (mainly scratches to paintwork and glass; I've also had someone clip my wing mirror, even when it was folded in).

I've done some research and measured out the area for the land/grass to be raised. At the moment, the entire area is covered with grass. My neighbour has done a cowboy job on raising his ground level and has left bricks, debris and other litter pouring over onto my side of the property (I'll clean/remove those when I raise my ground). The ground measurements I want to raise are:

Width: 144 inches
Height: 21 inches (need to fill, raise and level by this amount)
Length: 158 inches (estimate)

How much tonne of soil would I need? Is 2 tonne adequate by the way? Also how would I go about doing this? Can I just put soil in to raise the ground, then cement patio on top? Or would I need to do anything else, such as adding sand?

I have no clue and neither does my father.

Apologies for the long message and thank you sincerely for reading. :)

Kindest regards,
Arif.

P.S. Every time I say my house or property, I actually mean my father's house/property. :P

Comments (8)