SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

How long to respond to emails?

I have made a very specific request to the principal at my son's school regarding a teacher I don't want to get into the details though I will say that in ten years of public school I have never before made such a request.

I began this discussion with the principal in November On December 4, at my son's request, he and I met with the principal. At that meeting the principal said he would get back to us soon. I followed up that day with an email restating the key points from the meeting and repeating my request. I know second hand that he took some follow up steps, but he did not get back to me in anyway. On December 14, I sent an email requesting a response to this issue. Still no response. Yesterday morning, I sent another email re-stating the key points, repeating my request and asking for a response.

I am sure I am using the correct email address. All of my emails have been calm in tone, no swearing or threatening or anything.

Am I being unreasonable in expecting a response of some kind given this timeline or is this unacceptable? Not asking for opinions on the underlying issue, just whether or not I should have received a response of some kind by now.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!