SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresa6

How much control do you let kids have and decorating their rooms?

theresa6
8 years ago

My daughter, who is 10, has picked two colors for her room that I do not think go well together, purple and robins egg blue. She has about half and half of each of these colors. Her curtains have purple in them as does some of her bedding and A comfy chair on the floor. The rugs and night table are robins egg blue. At this point I have let her pick pretty much anything that she wants when putting her room together and those are the things that she has chosen. I feel kind of stuck because I don't want to spend more money and start from scratch but I do not think they look good together. In addition, the color that she wants for her wall is a purple that is darker than I am comfortable with, Benjamin Moore sanctuary. She's very adamant that she doesn't want a lighter purple like violet pearl. So what do I do? Do I let her have the darker wall color and let her design the room that she wants with her two favorite colors even though I don't think they match? Or do I redo her room in a way that I like even though it doesn't make her happy?

Comments (78)