SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erical62477

Need input on Cambria fabricator selection - big cost difference

Erica L
8 years ago

We are going through a "kitchen remodeling" company to do our kitchen. (I use that term lightly because they say they are a one stop shop yet I had to get my own GC, plumber and electrician). Anyway, they have a fabricator they use for Cambria and are including it on my contract. They have told me I am free to use whoever I want though.

I got a quote from a fabricator that a couple friends used and were happy with and it was over $3K cheaper. It'a partially because they are $9 less per sq/ft and aren't charging me for the 2 sink cutouts, detail around pilasters, edge profile (I'm doing basic eased/polished/whatever the name is!). In addition, there is a discrepancy between the two in the amount of square footage needed. Both say they are only charging me for what I use.

However, my cabinet guy has urged me strongly not to use them. He said they had a relationship in the past and they weren't happy with their work. It's kind of odd how badly he talks about this fabricator (crappy work, it's just a bunch of kids running daddy's business where daddy has a lot of money, etc).

I'm torn as to what direction to go. I"m paying my cabinet guys to do my kitchen and feel I should just use their fabricator, but it's a considerable cost difference.

Comments (14)