SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aquaeyes_gw

Those purple Hybrid China / Gallica / Centifolia roses

AquaEyes 7a NJ
8 years ago

I'm thinking of those like 'Cardinal de Richelieu', 'The Bishop' and all its "forms" like "Double Plum", 'Ombree Parfait', 'Robert le Diable', etc. I'd like to add some to my cemetery project, so I've been looking them up. Then I happened upon this one, while doing another search for Damasks on HelpMeFind. Odd, because it looks nothing like a Damask.

'La Negresse'

This looked a bit familiar, so I mentioned it in a comment for "Double Plum". I'm wondering if those of you more familiar with the various "found" roses of this general appearance might take a look. Also, while doing an internet search for that rose, I stumbled upon this page.

http://www.stauden-und-rosen.de/index.php?seite=vergleich&id=25

And besides the comparison photos for the roses on that page, there are many other comparison photos with other roses. These are "as they are sold in Europe", but I'm thinking that this page could be of some help for those of you trying to sort out some unnamed found roses.

Anyway, I'd also like to hear about other roses of this type, so if you've grown any of the "family", please share your experiences -- and pics, if you have them. Also please feel free to mention others I should investigate. Thanks in advance.

:-)

~Christopher

Comments (42)