SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ndev0524

Trade: Scion Wood, Hardwood Cuttings, and Fig Exchange.

ndev0524 Nick
8 years ago

I work at an orchard and we're starting to prune now that it's finally getting cold. I'll have over 30 varieties of apple and peach to trade as well
as a few varieties of plum (Prune, Shiro, Bubblegum, a few more I can't remember), Pluot (Dapple Dandy, Flavor Queen), apricot (Gold and Harcot), and Pear
(Bartlett, Seckel, D'Anjou, unknown Asian), and Cherry (Rainier, Red varieties I have to check) and Sour Cherry (Montmorency, Valentine) to trade.

I also have some Frederick Passionfruit, Brown turkey, and black mission figs to trade and feel free to check out my trade list.

I would like to give the new Pluerrys and an Aprium a try. I also am looking for a
Blenheim Apricot or another low-chill apricot great for fresh eating to try and grow in a greenhouse.

I would also be interested in scions of a sweet variety of carambola, cherimoya, and atemoya for grafting on some seedlings I started a few years ago once it gets warmer.

I would also be willing to trade for cold hardy or non-cold hardy figs, or winter cuttings of small fruits like currants, gooseberry, elderberry, etc. Pretty much anything interesting so make an offer.

Thanks a lot!

Comments (45)

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

We're just throwing away the prunings so yeah that should be fine. Just let me know what you'd like and I'll send you an email when we start pruning those trees.

Forgot to add we also have Spring Satin Plumcots. I'll put together a list of the apple and peach/nectarine varieties we have as we move through.

A quick list off the top of my mind though:

Apple:

Gravenstein, Rome, Johnathan, Jonnagold, Red/Gold Delicious, Gala, Buckeye Gala, Stayman, Stayman-Winesap, Granny Smith, Empire, Ginger Gold, Honeycrisp, Lindamac, Northern Spy, Pink Lady, Smokehouse, Hyslop Crab.

Peach:

I can't remember a lot of these so i'll update it later on.

Flat: Saturn, Galaxy

White: Manon, White Lady, Sugar Giant

Yellow: Ton's of the PF line (Flamin' Fury), Bounty, Desiree, Loring, Johnboy, Relience, Victoria.

Nectarine: Redgold, Fantasia

White Nectarine: forget these types

• Related Discussions

Buy/trade scions with me PLEASE. Pear,kiwi,plum

Q

Comments (2)
    I need to prune my fruit trees, and I would be happy to give you what I prune if that would work (I've never collected scions before) E-mail me for a list of my pears, pluots and plums,if you like Carla in Sac
    ...See More

Trade Scions Anyone?? Taxodium,Metasequoia,Ginkgo

Q

Comments (9)
    Great list of ginkgo cultivars! I also have several ginkgoes that I'd like to swap. Some are in very short supply but will hopefully be increased for next year, such as 'Peve Maribo'. Also, I have a thousand or so ginkgo seeds from 'Patio Umbrella' a 25' tall x 50' wide female which produces a wide variety of leaf types among the seedlings. It produces heavy crops of nice size seeds which are good for rootstocks or for roasting. Here is my current list: Mayfield Chase Manhattan Horizontalis Patio Umbrella WB Akebono Princeton Sentry Todd Spring Grove #22 Variegata Peve Maribo (very limited this year) Diane Dave (Dah vay) Chi Chi Mariken Elmwood Chub's Dwarf Bill Barger Jehosephat Majestic Butterflies Hope it Holds Scruffy Butterflies Some may be place holder names or names given to otherwise unknown varieties. I'll be grafting a number of variant leaf types from Spring Grove #22, especially the linear leaf buds. No way of telling at this stage of the game if the trait will hold. I'm particularly interested in obtaining scions of 'Peve Lobo'. Please let me know if interested in exchanging scions. Thanks, Charley Hunter ihunt2006@gmail.com
    ...See More

Trade Fig Cuttings

Q

Comments (4)
    Geoff, send me an e-mail, I'm up for some trading. 2 golf balls? Is the eye open or closed? What color is the interior of the fruit and is there a cavity in the center of the fruit? Ed
    ...See More

wanted- fig scion wood for- can offer stone fruit + apple scions

Q

Comments (4)
    Thanks Bon- when you talk about budding- are you referring to t-budding? if yes, should the buds be harvested from dormant wood or should the bud be harvested during growing season. if the latter, presumably, it could still survive 2-3 days in the mail if wrapped in moist paper? am happy to try and gaft using the budding technique. anyone willing to trade/sell me some budwood?
    ...See More
  • Jaime
    8 years ago

I would be interested in the apple- red and golden delicious. Thank you, Jaime

• PRO
    Palazzo Photography & Design
    8 years ago

Im very interested in the pluots, plumcot and apricot, i have about 50 varieties of figs. Please email if interested palazzophoto@gmail.com

• Need2SeeGreen 10 (SoCal)
    8 years ago

I have no business asking this, but... do you have any plum cuttings that grow the fruit with the red inside? (I'm sorry, I don't know the names.) Or any pluots that taste like those red-inside plums? They are hard to find even at farmers markets.

Thanks!

• rob861060
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I have
    several varieties of trees that I got from Trees of Antiquity last year, they
    are doing very well. I would like to be in on some scion trading too! I have,
    if anyone is interested, Fuji apple, Granny Smith apple, Sierra Beauty Apple,
    Lapins cherry, Napoleon cherry, Skeena cherry, All in one almond, sweet and
    eversweet pomegranates (not really a scion, just cuttings), Golden Celeste fig,
    Brown turkey fig, Fuzzy kiwi vines (male and female, of course) Santa Rosa
    plum, Jefferson Plum, Burbank plumcott, dapple dandy pluot, shinseiki Asian
    pear, and nijiseiki Asian pear.

I
    would like to get some other varieties of plums, pluots, plumcotts, apriums,
    pluerries, and cherries, mainly. REALLY want some other plumcotts and pluots
    and pluerries and some apriums! I think I am good on apples at the moment with
    3 kinds, and wouldn't turn down some other pear varieties!

(I
    am in Dallas/Ft. Worth area, 8b by the way, so all my varieties were chosen for low chill hour requirements, as Dallas is only 25 miles from the sun :) please, If you know about your varieties, don't offer me things with 1,200 chill hours needed.. I may not ever realize this is the case, and end up waiting on a branch to flower till I retire! )

so, ndev0524, maybe we can work something out for some Spring Satin Plumcots, Flavor Queen pluot, and Bubblegum plum?

anyone else, feel free to chime in!

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Need2SeeGreen, I know I have red fleshed variety that I can't remember the name of atm, if you want to email me early Feb (my username @gmail.com) i'll have cuttings and the name once I get out in the orchard.

8 years ago

Wonderful, ndev0524! Will do.

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

So Is everyone Late winter/spring chip budding these stone fruits?

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Need2SeeGreen, I'll email you once I get out there and find the variety name.

• rob861060
    8 years ago

ndev, I suppose I am chip budding them... I have never done any grafting, this will be an experiment. I expect it to work, mostly, and am looking at tutorials on Youtube a lot to see how different people are doing it. The timing is right, make the cuts right and attach them right, wrap them right, and treat the host tree right.... and it should work, right? lol basically, I am going to be pruning back the trees a lot anyway, they are growing in raised beds, multiple trees per box, and I am dwarfing them. So, some branches that are going to be cut back that are in the spots I like, I will be trying to graft the cuttings onto the cut ends, not in the shaft of the branch. (errr, I guess that's not chip budding then...)

• piranha338
    8 years ago

Ndev, I saw that you have some edible ginger on your trade list. I have a large Blenheim apricot tree that I'd be happy to take some cuttings from. Is the ginger still available?

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

piranha338 that would be awesome I've been looking for two apricots to grow in my greenhouse, we have late frost issues here, and this one was on the top of my list. The ginger I have is the standard supermarket variety that is growing in raised beds in the greenhouse. I can uproot one of the plants, remove foliage, and mail it in damp peat with a heat pack and it should be okay. Send me an email at my username at gmail.com and we can work it out.

• olya me
    8 years ago

Hi,

I would love to have scions / cuttings for postage or trade.

I have large plum tree, cherry, apple and peach trees that are not performing well. I would like to graft these to create “fruit cocktail” trees.

I have pixwell gooseberry, apricot (good taste and performance but I lost the tag and not sure about variety), pear, blackberry, Concord Grapes, Niagara Grapes. I bought these in nurseries and all of them already had great fruits. I also have green and red twig dogwood, American beautyberry (purple berries), Japanese maple, pink dogwood, holly (two types), purple leaf
    sand cherry and purple-leaf plum.

I would love to grow different varieties of figs and berries (gooseberry (I have pixwell), raspberries, currants, etc

I am also looking for root cuttings or divisions of Japanise anemone and Oriental poppies.

ndev0524.-

I am interested in plum (Prune and any other that you like), Pluot (Dapple Dandy, Flavor Queen), apricot (Gold and Harcot), Cherry (Rainier, any other) and Sour Cherry (Montmorency, Valentine) Spring Satin Plumcots , Pear (Bartlett, Seckel, D'Anjou, unknown Asian) Brown turkey, and black mission figs, Apples: Ginger Gold ( really want!) Johnathan, Jonnagold Honeycrisp and any of the peaches and nectarine that you think will be good in my zone

rob861060 -

I am interested in : Lapins cherry, Napoleon cherry, Skeena cherry, Golden Celeste fig, Brown turkey fig, Fuzzy kiwi vines (male and female) Santa Rosa plum, Jefferson Plum, Burbank plumcott, dapple dandy pluot, shinseiki Asian pear, and nijiseiki Asian pear.

Please let me know if you are interested in trade

Thank you

Olga:)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    8 years ago

Ndevo524, My absolute favorite apple is the empire! I can only get it for a few weeks here. How long would a cutting take to grow before it produced apples?

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

If you were to graft to a precocious rootstock you could have fruit in about two years. Email me if your interested in some empire scion wood, they are also some of my favorite apples.

• shawn b
    8 years ago

ndev im a newbie i see you have a fig tree i checked out your list im interested in a few things there if you could message me if you could take postage i might have some seeds you might be interested in im not sure if you would be

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

You don't have to your 'allow anyone to email you' turned on so email me at my username at gmail.com and we can talk. I'll be more than happy to send you some seed.

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Its finally cold enough that we started pruning the apples this weekend. I will keep this updated each Saturday with what we pruned and will bring home some scion wood of whatever varieties we prune that day and offer them up for trade or SASE.

The order we prune in is apples, pears, cherries, apricots, and finally peaches/nectarines around the middle of April due to the high disease pressure of bacteria canker. We also prune blueberries in late winter and I will offer un-rooted cuttings of the varieties we have.

For today I have a few red and golden delicious scions. Jamie I sent you an email as you had asked for these. If anyone else is interested let me know.

• bemonkey Zone 7 South New Jersey
    8 years ago

Hi ndev0524 Nick, I would love to get scions of Garvenstain, Ginger Gold, Stayman-Winesap, Johnathan, Empire, Honeycrisp apples, Reliance peach and any other suitable for South New Jersey, Brown Turkey Fig, Rainer/Lupinas cherry or any other cherry, apricot Gold/Harcot and Blueberries. Please look at my trade list. It is not fully updated but please ask me and I will check what I have. I would also be happy to send SASE. I can also have scions of "Posavica" plum from Republika Srpska (Europe), Ponderosa lemon seeds (maybe some scions), cuttings from heirloom raspberries from RRepublika Srpska. Please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Vesna

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

This week I have Snapp Stayman, Goldrush, and Fuji apple scions for trade. The fuji is a sport variety that colors very well in colder regions.

• samsaraedu
    8 years ago

Hi ndev0524 Nick,

I'm interested in Bubblegum plum (can trade Satsuma, Shiro and Italian Prune), Sekel pear (trade moonglow and kieffer) and some regular or flat peaches. Message me to let me know if anything is available. Thank you

• grandmaduck513
    8 years ago

Would you be willing to send some cuttings if I send a postage paid container. I don't have anything to trade at this time. We will have elderberry roots later this spring. I am interested in the cherry cuttings if at all possible

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

grandmaduck513, you don't have you email turned on so I can't email you. Send me an email at my username at gmail.

I grabbed three more apple varieties from the orchard at my university yesterday.

LindaMac - An improved MacIntosh variety with better coloration

Royal Empire - An improved empire variety with better coloration.

Jonagold - This variety of Jonagold also ripens much redder as well as a week earlier than the standard jonagold. Jonagold is a triploid apple so if your interested in this one make sure you have two pollenizers for it.

Our spring here is coming almost a whole month early and everything is starting to leaf out here so I will have to change the plan of collecting and offering a few varieties of what were pruning each week to just spending a few hours in the orchard grabbing all the varieties I and everyone I've emailed through here have been interested in. I will take more than I need for myself and the trades and SASE I have setup so I can post them here for anyone who may be interested later on since most of these trees still aren't pruned and their is plenty to go around.

This also means that I only have a few weeks left to trade for scions and cutting, especially as rooting hardwood cuttings is harder now that it's warmer. So here's a list of what I'm still looking for to setup my small orchard this year. If anyone wants to trade for these or is willing to do SASE for them I would greatly appreciate it!

Trees:

- Pluot, Aprium, Pluerry, Plumcot, etc varieties other than Spring Satin, Flavor Queen, Flavorosa, Geo Pride, Splash, Nadia, and Sweet Treat.

- Really good Japanese Plums.
    - Nectarines

- Apricots that can perform well in zone 6B/7A and LadyCot, FlavorCot, or PerleCot.

- Cherries other than Rainier, Chelan, Van, White Gold, and Montmorency Sour.

- Pears anything other than the common ones.

- I still haven't found anyone willing to trade any Asian Pear varieties.

- Figs cold hardy and non-cold hardy.

- Cold Hardy Pomegranates

- Almond scions

- Hazelnuts

- Paw Paw seedlings and scionwood

- Persimmon seedlings for rootstock

- Jujube seedlings for rootstock

Berries:

- Boysenberry, Elderberries, Red, Black, and Gold Raspberries, Hardy Kiwis, Fuzzy Kiwis, Wine Grapes or Table Grapes (Flame), Aronias, Honeyberries, Cranberries, Red, Black, or White Currants, Gooseberries, etc.

Berries I have to trade:

- Bristol Black Raspberries - I can send stem cutting as that seems to be how a lot of people are propagating raspberries on here but I can also send tip layered planted in the summer.

- Assai Hardy Kiwi - I can send hardwood cuttings now as they haven't broken bud yet, or summer softwood cuttings which root with more success.t

- Highbush Cranberry - I can probably only get one or two cutting from this this year.

- Allstar june bearing strawberries

- Frederick Passionfruit cuttings.

Thanks again for everyone I've traded with, this is going to be a great gardening year and I look forward to trading with you all in the future!

8 years ago

Hi Grandmaduck513,

I was just passing through and I saw this. Maybe you already know how to turn on the messaging -- so that ndev can reply to you privately -- but if not, here is a link:

https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/articles/203895438-How-do-I-message-another-user-

Basically you just hover your cursor over your profile icon until the menu drops down, then click on "Edit Profile," then on that page, look on the lefthand column and click "Advanced Settings," ... then on that page, scroll all the way down until there is a box to check that says something like "allow other members to message me."

It's a bit involved.

I hope this helps! If not I am sure there are more advanced people than me around here, I don't even know how to make my trade list visible.

8 years ago

Ndev, your orchard sounds just like heaven. I hope it will be a great year!

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

So here and update, All the stones are blooming early this year. So I didn't even end up getting a lot of what I wanted from the orchard and will have to wait until summer grafting which is okay as I know we're planting a lot of new varieties of cherry and plout. The people I still have open trades with I will email you about what I can send.

The only things I got that haven't really broken bud to much to graft this spring are jonagold, pink lady, and Seckel Pear.

At this point as its spring now I'll mainly be interested in trading for rooted berry cuttings and planning upcoming summer scion wood trades. Unless someone still has dormant Asian pear trees as I've found no one to trade for any of those.

I will also have an excess of rootstock is anyone is interested as I grossely overestimated my needs. So I can trade Krysmk1, Mariana 2624, a few Bud9, OhxF87, and Giesla 6 rootstocks. If you have spare peach/nectarine rootstocks I would love to make a trade.

I also have a 6 spare tzimbalo melon pears seedlings, about 4 inches tall and growing very well. They are supposed to taste much better than their pepino melon counter part.

• samsaraedu
    8 years ago

I'll definitely take the rootstock as sub since I haven't been able to find any left.

• whisst
    8 years ago

Hi do you still have any fig cuttings available? plmn whisst

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

samsaraedu,

Thats no problem, I found a source for peach root stocks that're a bit pricey so if you need those as well i'm about to put the or in. They have lovell and nemaguard. Other than that email me around the second week of april and I'll know how many I have of what left over.

whisst,

I am still in the fig collecting phase so all I can off you is cuttings of brown turkey and maybe black mission that'll have to wait until the summer. Email me around June or July for those.

• Donna Smith
    8 years ago

Do you have any rooted plants that you would send for postage? We just bought a new place in N.E. Alabama and it is barren. We had to clear the land. I don't have anything for trade. We would love to have fruit trees, (apple, pear, figs)

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sorry Donna, everything I have that rooted I am using to trade to build up my orchard as there's still so much I need to finish it, lol. The only thing I can think of is a small seedling gojiberry plant I've been neglecting for two years that's only about a foot tall and in a quart pot that would be dead if it weren't so drought tolerant. If you want that I'll bare root and send it to you, iIm pretty sure they are self-fertile but the few fruit I've gotten from the bigger ones weren't the best, but I didn't get enough to make anything or dry them last year. If you email me later in the season things may change though as I have a tenancy to collect and propagate more plants than I need, lol. email me if you want the goji at my username at gmail.com and then later in the summer/fall.

• tthomas88
    8 years ago

Hi I was wondering if you have any delicious Apple, peach, plum, pear plants for postage? I have ivy, snow on the mountain, hickory nut, monkey grass and honey suckle to trade. tthomas88@hotmail.com

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I don't have plants, but I have scion wood, you'd need rootstock and to graft them yourself.

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

tthomas88, I just emailed you in your other thread at it turned out I ordered too much rootstock so I may be able to help you out.

Everyone else.

I have an excess of the following plants if anyone wants to trade for scion wood, winter cuttings that are now rooted, or tropical greenhouse plants etc.

Marianna 2624 Plum Rootstock

OhxF 87 Pear Rootstock

Krymsk 1 Plum Rootstock

Gisela 6 Cherry Rootstock

Paw Paw seedling rootstock

Hazelnut Seedlings Rootstock

American Persimmon Rootstock

If your willing to trade something I really want I am willing to graft varieties to these rootstocks for you before trading so we both can get exactly what we want.

I am still looking for cold hardy pomegranates, now Paw Paw, Hazelnut, and Persimmon scions, cold Hardy Kiwi Cuttings (other than anna and iaasi), cold hardy figs (although one guy almost completely crossed off my list in one shot, thank you very much!), currants, gooseberries, honeyberries, aronias and other random edibles. Just make me an offer.

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Also does anyone know anything about keeping American persimmons to a reasonable size tree, like under 12 feet? If they flower on new wood and I've seen recommendations to begin training them like an open center, why not keep them small with summer pruning? I am completely new to this genus though so...

• Susu
    8 years ago

Hi I'm looking for a plum cutting to graft on to my peach tree. I can offer a cutting of peach Elberta. Don't have much else fruit wise. Lots of perennial flowers. Let me know if you'd even bother with a trade. I can also send postage envelope. I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

The only true plums I have that are dormant for grafting now is a bubble gum plum and I have to check how many I have left as I traded a lot of them and haven't done my own grafting yet. Since you live in philly, you live like 30 miles from me, we can trade summer budwood. In the summer I'll have Prune plum, Bubblegum plum, Shiro Plum, Stanley, Santa Rosa (I think), Methley, and some green/red gage plum I always forget the name of.

• Susu
    8 years ago

I'm very interested in your plum cuttings. I'll contact you again in the summer then?

• tpetrescu1234
    8 years ago

I have access to a pomegranate that does well in AZ at 4500 ft. Winters get to 20s and maybe a few nights colder. Plant has leafed out. Can send if you send mailer with postage or if you want special priority from post office send enough for me to buy one of those mailer boxes. I have just started to root cutting for myself. Or I can try to make more cuttings and you can contact me in the fall. It is possible we have emailed before. Variety is unknown, dates from 1920s or 1930s and is lighter pink and sweet.

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    8 years ago

We may have emailed before but I doubt it'll survive here at our minimums of -10 and yearly -5F.

Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it.

• pyang75080
    6 years ago

Just saw your posting. I know it is way too late but I am very much interested in exchanging scions or postage with you when it is right time next time. I have chocolate persimmon, fuyu persimmon, giant fuyu persimmon, jujube lee, jujube 866, cystal pomegranate, etc

• pyang75080
    6 years ago

I am in Richardson

• bmeyer56
    5 years ago

I wish I had something to offer to trade! I’m very interested in your fig cuttings. I’ve got hazelnut trees. Would cuttings of those interest you?

• Panda Smash
    3 years ago

Hi @ndev0524 Nick, are you still able to provide scions/cuttings? I have been looking for Flat: Saturn and Galaxy to graft onto my combination plum or pear trees.

If you are able to I can email you for further details or arrangements.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus