SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danale_zh

Need help! Portulacaria afra wrinkled leaves

Dan Ale Zh
8 years ago

sorry for my bad English.

Does anyone can help me out with my Portulacaria afra?

I live in NYC and I have my plants near the window so they can get light.
I have my succulents for two months and i just realize that my Portulacaria afra leaves are falling down. Their leaves are wrinkled.

Im using a rectangle pot with holes on the bottom for my succulents collection.

They sit on the window with no direct light all day.

I am using cactus/succulents soil mix. I added perlite and sand for extra drainage.

I water all my succulents with a straw with few drops of water (lets say 6 drops) every plant once every two weeks.
Should I water more deeply my succulents until i see water comes out from the bottom pot? Some people told me that i have to water deeply my succulent until i see water comes out from holes of the pot but some others told me that few small drops of water with a small is ok.

Im watering them with a straw with few drops for two months. I am worry if my method watering with a straw (few drops of water) is making my Porulacari afra to dried out. Other succulents seems doing very great but only my porulacari afra wrinkled leaves is worrying me.

2) I have a terrarium with a glass container. I added rocks, charcoal on the bottom. All plants seems doing ok but only my Portulacaria afra wrinkled leaves is worrying me as well. I also watering my terrarium with a straw.

LAST!!

Do i have to water the entire rectangle pot with water until i see water comes out on the bottom?

For my terrarium, do i need to add more extra drops of water for my Porulacari afra?

Let me know how do you guys water your plants? ESPECIALLY FOR PORULACARI AFRA AND HOW OFTEN?

I am living in NYC and its winter and my plants are indoor in the window with no direct light.

Thanks

Danny

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH