SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bwwhite49

Sleeper sofa...comfy?

bwwhite49
8 years ago

Anyone have a sofa that makes a bed that is actually comfortable? Most of them have a bar down the middle. Any suggestions?

Comments (7)

• sjhockeyfan325
    8 years ago

If you don't mind spending a bunch, look at the Hannah II on the Raymour and Flanagan website. No bars. A friend of mine has this and everyone says it's very comfortable.

bwwhite49 thanked sjhockeyfan325
  • writersblock (9b/10a)
    8 years ago

If it's not going to be used all the time, there are also air mattresses that most people say are much more comfortable than the mattresses that come with most sleepers. The advantage to the air mattress is that you can just deflate it in the morning and fold up the sofa. I'm guessing you could leave the memory foam, too, if you opted for that instead.

• missymoo12
    8 years ago

I have a 20+ YO Flexsteel sofa bed that is oddly quite comfortable. I spent 6 weeks sleeping on it a few years ago. It does have a bar but it has an inner spring mattress and we do use a memory foam topper and a cushy mattress pad in it. The memory foam has to get stored in a closet because the bed won't fold up with it on the mattress.

• amykath
    8 years ago

We just had a guest use a beautiful futon we purchased. It is approx the size of a full to queen sized bed. Here are a couple of photos. we added two mattress toppers and I could sleep on that thing every night of my life, it was so comfy!

PLUS, it looks great as a sofa!

• bwwhite49
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Can you tell me the brand and where I might find one? Thx

• amykath
    8 years ago

I am so sorry, I just saw your question. You can find it here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IAUV5YC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00