SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natureinspiredm_6b

Amaryllis that I bought last season is ready to bloom again :)

natureinspiredM_ 6B NJ
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello friends

First of all thanks for all the advice I got from you guys. I bought a hybrid amaryllis last holiday season and after it finished blooming I nurtured it for the entire season with help and info I found on the web, especially in this forum.

I brought it indoors early November and as soon as it came indoors it started sending out leaves. I was a bit disappointed to see leaves and not buds but was ok and thought the plant needs more time before it could set out buds. And then on last week of November it came up with a bud. I could see something tiny trying to poke out from one of the sides and it was unmistakably a bud.

We were in the process of moving and things were quite crazy past few weeks. But the little amaryllis bud brought much joy. This is the best gift I could get for our new home. I found a perfect place for the planter on top of our new fireplace. Right now the house is nothing like a home with boxes and parts of furnitures strewn all around. But when ever I look at the plant I feel so happy and know for sure everything will be beautiful soon :)

here is a picture of the bud. I'll upload more pics as soon as the flowers open. Thanks again for all your advice.

To the first time amaryllis buyer I would request not to throw away the bulb after blooming. All it needs is a little care to rebloom and trust me it's much easier then what I thought it would be to make the plant survive and rebloom

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions