SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Ramblings from New York State

Julia WV (6b)
8 years ago

Only a couple of weeks to go and we will be through the holidays and ready to turn the page for a new year.

Our roof got done which was less painful than we anticipated with no damage to the gardens. The roofing company did an excellent job and had placed down tarps to protect ground surface from debris. They had a large crew of workers so everyone had a job and it was all well orchestrated. Still waiting to get the driveway re-stoned. I have a lot of clean up of weeds, etc to do come spring since I had to leave everything undone due to other priorities taking up my time. I'm sure you can relate.I know the weeds won't be going anywhere so no need to worry.

The weather has been the best so far. Compared to last year when we had snow and freezing temps already before Thanksgiving and continued right into spring. If you can call what we had as spring. Temps have been down but come right back up and we on average are above normal temps for this time of the year here. We enjoyed 60's the last couple of days but they are predicting some snow showers later in the week but no extended periods of freezing temps so far. Fingers crossed we can continue like this for the next couple of months.

No plans to add any more daylilies and the downsizing list continues to grow with my keeping only the best of the best in my garden and only a couple kept because I love the bloom. So many people wish they had more room to plant but honestly, careful what you wish for. What seems like a good idea turns into a huge task later on. Gardening is one of my favorite outdoor jobs and I want to enjoy the time spent tending to the plants and not feel like it is a huge task with little time to stop and spend quiet time surveying all that was accomplished. :)

Time to get back to finishing my Christmas gifts. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year.

Julia

Comments (4)