SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molanic

Native Seed Swap Info

molanic
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Thought this might be of interest to some people here on the natives forum. There is a brand new group seed swap system on over on AllThingPlants that they just finished testing. The second swap is starting to take signups and the theme is US natives, wildflowers, and hibiscus. I just joined the site to try out the new system and it seems pretty neat.

Signups are open until the swap portion starts January 4th, with seeds being returned at the end of January. I'm hoping enough people are willing to join to make it happen. The host is capping it at 20 I believe. I don't think there are as many users on that site as on GardenWeb so I thought I would reach out to some people here.

It is similar to other group swaps, but streamlines parts of it. It lets you add a list of things you have to share that is linked to their database. Other users can choose items they want from the list. Then you get a printout of what you have to send to the main host, who just has to pack items together for each recipient and mail things back to the swappers.

The initial forum post about it which should be viewable without an account.

http://allthingsplants.com/thread/view/43829/New-Seed-Swaps-Coming-to-ATP/

Link to the signup page (athough you have to be logged in to view it.)

http://allthingsplants.com/apps/swap/view/2/

Below is the info copied from the swap page.

The theme for this swap is US Native Plants, US Wildflowers, and any Hibiscus. Since this swap has been put together on such short notice I will except cultivar of Natives and Wildflowers. This swap is open to residents of the 48 Contiguous State.

You must send the seeds that were requested of you, regardless of how many packets you selected to receive. Only offer seeds you're willing to send.

Make sure each pack of seeds is properly labeled with plant binomial name, when it was harvest, purchase or received in trade, and your screen name.

When the swap is over package all seeds going to one individual together in one ziploc or other bag of your choice and label with the recipients screen name. Do not send individual seed packs, it is not the host responsibility to sort your seeds.

Be sure to include $6 to cover the cost of returning the seeds to you.

Enrollment Begins: December 7, 2015

Trading Begin: January 4, 2016

Send Seeds to Host: January 11, 2016

Deadline for seeds receipt by host: January 22, 2016

Finished: January 30, 2016

Comments (4)

Sponsored