Manual crushers for berries

Berry Picker

I have mulberries, blackberries, blueberries, and black raspberries growing on my property. For now, I only get enough to make a couple gallons of wine for each variety. Trying to use a potato masher to crush them before pressing doesn't work. The berries are too small. They just get pushed up through the holes in the masher. So, I've been running them through the blender which makes the wine bitter tasting. I've been having a very hard time finding a manual crusher that will crush very small berries. Most everything out there is for big fruit- either apples or grapes. That doesn't do me any good. Something like what I'd like to use is the Minieno made by Enoitalia but I can't find any detailed info about it but I'm waiting for responses to my questions. Do any of you have any experience with using the Minieno for crushing small berries? Or what do you use?

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rgreen48(7a)

I read on this site, back in the summer, of a guy who uses a stand mixer to remove seeds from watermelon when making juice. I think it's a great idea and am going to try it with my hand mixer the next time I harvest my wild black cherries. Since you are doing small batches, it may work for you also.

Save    
bcskye

Would a Victorio Strainer with the berry screen do the trick for this?

Save    
flatwoods_farm(9A Riverview, F)

stuff brand new nylon stockings and press that

Save    
lindac92

Won't a China hat masher/strainer work?

Save    

Related Stories

Kitchen Appliances How to Find the Right Range for Your Kitchen
Range style is mostly a matter of personal taste. This full course of possibilities can help you find the right appliance to match yours
Full Story
Lawn Alternatives Before and After: Front Lawn to Prairie Garden
How they did it: Homeowners create a plan, stick to it and keep the neighbors (and wildlife) in mind
Full Story
Home Tech Everyday Home Must-Haves Beg for a Makeover
The Nest's much-improved take on the thermostat has us pondering reinventions of other necessities around the house
Full Story
Patios Enjoy the Romance of Dining in a Classic Gravel Garden
Here’s what to consider when it comes to installing, styling and maintaining a DIY-friendly gravel patio
Full Story
California Gardening Mistletoe Is Coming to Town
The sight of this mistletoe may not always bring about festive feelings, but for U.S. Southwest gardeners, it’s not all bad
Full Story
Lawn Alternatives How to Replace Your Lawn With a Garden
New project for a new year: Lose the turfgrass for energy savings, wildlife friendliness and lower maintenance
Full Story
Decorating Guides What to Know About Milk Paint and Chalk Paint — and How to Use Them
Learn the pros, cons, cost and more for these two easy-to-use paints that are great for giving furniture a vintage look
Full Story
Most Popular We Bust 4 More Native Plant Myths
Have you been taken in by these fallacies about gardening with native plants?
Full Story
Materials Insulation Basics: Heat, R-Value and the Building Envelope
Learn how heat moves through a home and the materials that can stop it, to make sure your insulation is as effective as you think
Full Story
Established in 1992, Armor Fence is a family-owned-and-operated business priding ourselves on providing the... Read More
Our experienced team, based out of Sterling, VA, has built a reputation for providing high-quality residential &... Read More