SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
specificibex

Dinner napkins

Specific ibex
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have had a set of a dozen off-white synthetic dinner napkins for about 10 years which are finally stained enough to need replacing. Over the same years I've bought other types to try - off-white cotton, greige linen, grey flax, color striped poly-cotton blend, dark-colored cotton, mid-colored cotton, and don't love any of them. They stain and they wrinkle easily if I don't fold them straight out of the dryer. The synthetic ones don't feel as nice, but they don't need ironing and resisted stains for a long long time. Even now they look better than many of the other types of napkins. We have dinner guests about once a week, and also use our cloth napkins about 3-4 X a week for regular dinners. I am only willing to iron napkins for the rarest of occasions. I occasionally spot-treat them, but really, at the end of a long delightful evening of prep + cooking + dinner + conversation + cleanup, it's unlikely that stain-removal treatment is going to happen until the following day. Any advice for me, or recommendations?

Comments (20)