SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresa6

Yellow Paint help needed for little girls room.

theresa6
8 years ago

Since I got such amazing help with my 10-year-old daughters room I thought I should try with my little one and her room :-) h

Her room is currently painted yellow which I did not choose it was that way when we moved in. It is a little bright for my taste, I am looking for a soft warm creamy color It's OK if it pulls yellow but I don't wanted to be neon. I'm going for calm and peaceful as this is a very active almost 5-year-old girl and I think a soothing color would be beneficial to her.

Her room has a forest or nature theme going with white furniture and green accents. Once I paint she will have butterflies and birds on the wall and a giant tree decal. I have a sample of Benjamin Moore Windham cream and I love the color but I think it is too light. I'm looking for something with a little more depth maybe? I don't want it to pull peachy Nor do I want to feel cold. Does anyone have any color suggestions I could try? I really like Benjamin Moore and I think I'm going to use the affinity collection for the rest of my house. So being an affinity color is a plus but it doesn't Have to be as long as it will flow well.

I was looking at jicama and I'm not sure if that is too pinkie. I was also looking at soleil but I think that is too bright. Ylang ylang? That might be too light just like the Wyndham cream.

Any thoughts and recommendations would be wonderful.

I know it doesn't look very bright in the picture but trust me it is!

Comments (32)