SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ljsquishy

Should I move refrigerator? Also, microwave cabinet?

Lisa G
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm wondering if I should keep the refrigerator exactly where it is on the plan or if I should have it moved to the far left on the same wall where it has the empty space. Our kitchen won't have any empty space there, we're extending the counters & cabinets to fill the space. Will it look like it's too far out of the kitchen if the fridge is over that far? I also thought about having it centered on that wall but there is only 45 1/2 inches from the base cabinet fronts to the edge of the island and it didn't seem like it would allow enough room. The fridge should be able to open all of the way where it is now, but I thought I'd get opinions in case it would be even more functional on the other corner.

Also, we plan to do a range hood and locate a microwave cabinet somewhere (the standard wall mount style like a cubby). Where would you suggest putting the microwave cabinet?

I'm not interested in changing the pantry, island distance, moving the fridge to a different wall, or anything else, but thank you. ;)

Comments (35)