SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robyn_foote

HELP!!! Golden Pothos Plant Question

Robyn Foote
8 years ago

So I recently bought a golden pathos plants from a nursery here in Santa Barbara, CA. It is an house plant, I repotted it in a plastic pot with holes along the rim at the bottom for drainage. I use Miracle-Gro Moisture Control potting soil and Dr. Earth all-purpose fertilizer. I have the plant set on a relatively high shelf right next to the window that doesn't get much direct sunlight. I've noticed that several of the leaves have these brown-rimmed holes on the inside of the leaf, and others have chunks of the leaf removed from their outer ends. The leaves don't feel dry, however some do have slightly brownish tips but it doesn't seem too noticeable. My questions are, am I doing something wrong to the plant? Or is this some sort of mechanical issue? Also I only water it when the top of the soil seems dry, but is it possible that the plant is still getting over watered? And my last question is, what should I do with the leafs that have these brown spots? Thank you for your help and time! I am a new plant owner and somewhat inexperienced.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!