SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quesera1970

Better late than never Kitchen Reveal

quesera1970
8 years ago

In late 2013 and 2014, I spent hours on gardenweb (almost entirely as a lurker) as I planned the full remodel of our kitchen. Long story short, we ended up finishing our kitchen in spring 2014, and moved in summer 2015. We're about to buy a new house that, argh, could use an updated kitchen and it made me realize I never posted pics--which now are courtesy of our realtor (and staged, it was never this clean!!!!). I don't think I have a 'before' but it was a super cramped 12x 10 galley kitchen with formica counters, plain white cabinets and random crap everywhere, and no place for our fridge. Most food was stacked in a repurposed Billy bookcase. Anyhoo, we knocked down two supporting walls to make a U shaped kitchen open to the dining room and removed the pantry in the back of the house to put in french doors. Can't remember too many of the details (that's trauma for you), but blue pearl granite (loved it), 6x6 carrara backsplash, kitchenaid 36" stove, Uline hood (too noisy), kitchen resource direct cabinets in white shaker (would not recommend painted, finish rubbed/scraped off but boxes were good), frig we already had.

Soon I will post pics of our soon to be house's kitchen and will welcome suggestion on how to update it without breaking the bank--I cannot live through another full remodel!!!

anywhere, here you go, and a thanks to all gardenwebbers who supplied ideas, advice, commiseration, tips, and so much inspiration. Thanks to you, I felt emboldened to design it myself and I learned so much in the process.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert