SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miruca

Small 11' ktchen run ideas needed!

miruca
8 years ago

have a 131" space for a small kitchen in a MIL space. I have gone round and around on how to configure and what cabinets to use. I am starting to favor something sleek and ultra modern. The planned floors are similar to the Mirage natural hickory floors (no knots!); the walls are planned to be Benjamin Moore green frappe (which is a little lighter and brighter than the green in the drawings below). I would love recommendations on how to best utilize the space and what cabinets would look great within the approximately 400 sq ft MIL space, layout below.

The kitchen area is to the right of the entry door coming in from the main house (The double doors on the opposite wall go to a balcony that may one day have stairs and allow for a separate outside entry ).

For perspective - the below shows a couple of examples I have tried .. but am not happy with. (The brown ceiling is a design program glitch - the ceiling is cathedral and the bath/closet ceiling stops at 8ft with open space above it)

I did recently see an IKEA white kitchen with a couple of golden mustard uppers (oh dear the 1970's are back) - I really liked the splash of color (but not mustard!!). I wondered if this small space could handle a mixed color scheme.

The space needs to accommodate a refrigerator/freezer, a dishwasher, a sink, a cooktop, and a convection oven. Small and/or narrow on all of those I assume!

Last ..a picture of the planned floors is in the second photo below (can't figure out how to delete the first one!)

Layout Ideas and cabinet recommendations most appreciated!

Comments (31)