SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alex_aguilar64

Need Some Kitchen Layout Feedback Please

Alex Aguilar
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have attached a layout of our kitchen that was drawn for the approved plans. I would really appreciate some feedback on this layout but here are some notes that may help you have a better idea of what is going on.

Specs, I have added dimensions to the attached image,

9' ceilings with 1' soffit around perimeter, 8' perimeter for upper cabinets

1. Fridge, I have marked in red. Not sure if I like this position. Should it be in this location? If so, should it be up against the wall like this? Won't the door always be banging in to the wall? If this is the best location, perhaps it should have a 12'-24" cabinet on the right side to allow for more space when the door opens?

2. Oven, I was thinking of having this to the left of the fridge. Single oven with microwave on top.

3. Range, planning to have a 36" range top. Range also needs to be close to this location for venting.

4. Island, I was hoping to have an island wide enough for 3 seats with at least 15" of leg space to make it comfortable to eat at. Do I make it bar height on one side or same height for entire island?

5. Instead of Island, should I consider a peninsula style kitchen layout? You can see the living room next to kitchen. I think an island looks better.

6. Kitchen sink, can't move it anywhere else because plumbing is already in place.

Thank you in advance,

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor