SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emma_banay

Fiddle Leaf Fig Help

emma_banay
8 years ago

Hello,

I'm looking for help with my fiddle leaf fig. We have it in our living room, which is pretty sunny (one south-facing window and one east-facing window), but it is not directly in front of the windows. We have a humidifier in the room and keep river pebbles in the drainage dish to help with humidity. We spray the leaves with a spray bottle when we remember (which is honestly pretty inconsistent). The leaves of the plant have big brown spots along the outside of the leaves. The uppermost leaves are fine (you can see in pics) but most of the lower leaves have this. From reading, I think this may be due to inconsistent watering or over-watering, does that seem right? Honestly, I think we are a little inconsistent in watering (probably less than 1x/week, and sporadic) and might overwater when we do water (water is visible in/over the river pebbles in dish). Does this diagnosis fit the pictures? Would really appreciate any advice about what might be wrong with the plant and recommendations about a better routine/care! Thanks!

Comments (14)