SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon2079

Looking for help in finding a specific rose?

sharon2079
8 years ago

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture. I use to have a rose that died. I don't know that I ever knew the name. It had been given to me.

This rose had very small blooms that were quite full. Maybe about the sie of a nickle to a quarter. Kind of like Caldwell Pink which I have and I just saw a picture of Blush Noisette.

Besides having very full ruffled small blooms, the rose was armed in very nasty long sharp thorns. The bush was about 4 feet tall and 3 to 4 feet wide. The plant had both light pink to white blossoms. I don't remember if the blooms faded from pink to white or got darker from white to pink. I just remember that the bush had both colors on at the same time. Lot of them. It nearly covered the bush and It had a very long bloom time. It repeated here in South Florida. I don't remember if it had scent or not, but what I liked about this particular rose was it was a butterfly magnet. Swarms of monarchs and swallowtails loved it. I have other roses now, including Caldwell Pink and the butterflies could care less about any of them. But if If anybody has an idea or has a rose that matches this description and is a BUTTERFLY MAGNET your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comments (7)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022