SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
speedster1_winston

wired vs wireless doorbell chimes. Ugly

speedster1
8 years ago

I bought a new house this past august. It had a wireless door chime installed but it never worked. I replaced the batteries and the unit was shot. So after removing it I noticed there was some wiring behind the wireless system and traced it back to a tranformer. So for some reason the original homeowner replaced a hardwired chim with a wireless chime.

Anyway, I'm actually glad to see the hardworking because I think the wireless systems are just hideous looking. Especially the buttons. I had purchased a highly popular honeywell wireless unit for my old house but I hated that thing with a passion. The button looked so stupid and classless. There was also about a 1 second lag from hitting the button until hearing the chime. Amazon customers liked it and rated it number one but I hated the thing.

Wired systems seem to be few and far between at this point. Anyone know of a reasonably priced system that has good sound and looks nice? I've seen a lot of really cool led lighted wired buttons that Wil look great outside. Just haven't found a decent chime that's not hundred of dollars.

Comments (3)