SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Everything old is new again: fashion version

Annie Deighnaugh
8 years ago

I haven't been to the mall in so long and I was in the area and needed to take a walk anyway, so around the mall I went. I didn't head into stores but just window shopped.

It was like a trip down memory lane...

• Ponchos are back. I was thinking, oh yeah, I have one of those. I made it years ago from an old pattern I kept from when Mom made me one right after the Sound of Music came out!
  • Aran knit sweaters are back. Oh I used to love those things. So I thought, I should get one. Then I remembered that I don't wear sweaters a lot because of hot flashes...instead I wear cardigans that I can take off easily. So then I remembered, I have an aran knit cardigan already in my closet. Done!
  • I saw a lot of plaid skirts with cute color-coordinating sweaters, esp turtle necks. Oh man, did I wear plaid skirts with sweaters all the time. About the only thing missing were the knee socks and penny loafers.
  • Then I saw something I haven't seen in 40 years! Navy wool hooded toggle coats! OMG! I used to have one when I was about 10...I still remember how awful my hair looked in a pic of me at that time. But I sure loved that coat!

Now I see why retailers target the young...us oldsters already have a lot of that stuff still in our closets!! :)

Comments (49)