SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nini804

Christmas Tree Stand Help!!

nini804
8 years ago

Ugh! I love Christmas, but I swear, the day we erect the tree is perhaps the unholiest day of the year in our house. No crackling fire and cherubic children stringing garlands of popcorn and placing peppermint canes on the lush branches of a tree we chopped down from from the back 40 in our house, no sir. Instead, the children and dog disappear as Dh & I strategize how to get the tree in, up, and (most importantly) stay up! There is a lot of cursing that even the cheeriest Christmas tunes can't mask, and a whole lot of sap.

We like big, real trees. Most of our house has 10' ceilings...but the spot I like best for the tree is in our 2 story foyer. So we got a 14' tree last year. We also got a stand from Lowe's that was supposed to be awesome. It had a moveable bucket-type inner section that was supposed to help make the tree stand straight. The effing tree fell TWICE. Dh finally rigged up a brace with a piece of quarter round and zip ties to affix it to the balustrade. I had PTSD all throughout the holidays, thinking the tree would go down again. I'd like to prevent that this year. Anyone have an amazing tree stand they love that can support a very large tree?

Comments (21)