SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

What Is Wrong With My Hoya 'Macgillvrayrii' ?????

PoohBearLvr
8 years ago

Can anyone give me some idea what is going on with my Hoya 'Mac' plant? It blooms great for me, it grows ok,not a lot for new growth,but it grows,but it blooms great! In bud right now. It rarely drops a leaf, so it isnt dropping leaves, and going bald. But it has had this color problem for like a year now. I fert. it regularly with Miracle Gro, usually 'Bloom Booster', and I have put new fresh soil on the top of the soil like mid'summer, it was a bit low, so draining it isn't a problem, it drains to well:) . I love my 'Mac', the fact I can get it to bloom 4-6 times a year shows i must be doing something right. I have an 'Archboldlandia' right next to it, in a pot that is on the porch floor, and the stem is tried to the metal railing next to this 'Mac'. It blooms fairly well to, but puts out more leaves.

So...what is going on . I dont get the color problem. The leaves are not falling off, it is in a small 6in hanging basket, on a north facing porch outside, obviously, it loves the morning sun it gets,till about 10am, then it is northern 'light' all day. All my hoyas are on the northern facing porch, and none of them have a leaf issue at all. They all bloom and grow like weeds! But this is my one and only 'Mac', and i dont want to loose it. Anyone have some idea whats going on? Thank you.

Comments (23)

Sponsored