SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

a great craftroom / workspace reorg

talley_sue_nyc
8 years ago

This blogger, a home-fashion designer and crafter, reorganized her dining room, which is where she has her office and workspace as well.

http://whitneyjdecor.com/2015/09/home-office-reveal/

So many great things!

The first thought I had was that so often, in the "before" spaces, all the stuff has sort of "slumped." It all slides down toward the floor, and then the top of the room is really, really blank. It makes the room look very bottom-heavy.

And the "slumping" makes the energy of the room just fade away.

The other thought I had was, "look at the visual clutter on that shelf of fabric-sample books!" It's very organized; all the books are easily accessible and tidily stacked. But it looks so very messy! All those cord loops create a huge amount of visual stress.

I wondered if she could snip them off or, if that's not practical, maybe fold them over on themselves and get a bunch of tiny cable ties and use those to fasten the cords to create a far shorter handle that didn't sag at all. (and snip off the extra lengths of the cable ties, of course). If she used black cable ties, you'd hardly notice them, and it would just look so much more orderly.

Didn't she do a great job?

Comments (17)