SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ticodxb

After a long absence I am back and trying tomatoes this season :)

ticodxb
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi,

I hope things have been well with y'all. I didn't get the chance to grow tomatoes the last two seasons but I am back :D

I have moved into an apartment and have been watching the sun and by chance we luckily chose the side that gets good sunlight :D I grew tomatoes on a concrete rooftop last time so I am hoping I will do ok.

I grew Brandywine Sudduth and saved seeds but none of those seeds germinated so I need to learn more about seed-saving. So this time around I chose from my stash of seeds I got in a previous seed exchange here and am going for Goose Creek and Cowlicks Brandywine. I live in Dubai, UAE so I am zone 11 or zone 12... The winter seasons are our gardening seasons :)

These seedling pictures show the seedlings from October 21st and November 8th. I did start the seedlings by the window where they only got about 3 hours of sunlight so they were leggy and grew slowly... I was just desparate until I could get a grow light system figured out.

After I put up a light system, the seedlings seemed to not have responded well so I started trying to harden off the seedlings on the balcony even though the weather was in the mid-90s. They responded well and are now full-time outside in the upper 80s to mid-90s temperatures. I just really wish I had started the seedlings a month before so that I could have them potted in their final pots by now or the next week or two.

Here are the Goose Creek:

Here are the Cowlicks Brandywines:

Here is the balcony:

Comments (6)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor