SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittyfam

Best cat poop enzyme? And ways to deter specific pooping spot?

Else
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have a cat who is pooping on our family room carpet. We will be looking into other different ways to make her litter boxes more attractive (she does use those in addition) maybe talk to her vet as well, but my questions right now are:

1. What is the best enzyme spray for neutralizing previous spots? I currently have a red bottle called "Nature's Miracle -Just for cats, advanced formula, severe stain and odor remover." Lady at the pet store said this takes out urine and feces. But it leaves such a strong perfume smell, so that when I go back to see if I can smell anything, all I can smell is the perfume with a hint of other unpleasantness. Obviously, if I can still smell it, so can she, but how can I really know, if the areas are overpowered by perfume!!!

2. How can I make this family room carpet seem like an unfavorable place to be eliminating? I want her litter boxes attractive, obviously, but I at the same time also want her to think that the carpet is unattractive, in order to drive the point home. How can I do that?

Comment (1)