SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missymoo12

Quick question - Business professional attire for 26 YO female

missymoo12
8 years ago

DD is heading to corporate headquarters for a week long orientation for a new job. In the actual job she will be wearing scrubs and a lab coat. She asked about dress and business professional is what was stated. She was a writer who worked as an editorial assistant at a style magazine prior to going back to school for a different career. There is every chance she could have a move up in this organization.

She absolutely refuses to waste $ on black, gray, navy suits that she will only wear once a year to these corporate functions. She wants to buy something like JCrew suits that look two sizes too small...with the obligatory cheetah stiletto pumps.

I need help, I'm going shopping with her this afternoon. Outlet mall - as this is her budget.

I might add that she is a tall hourglass size 10 and did modeling in high school. What ever she wears, she will stand out.

My question - can she do the JCrew look in the appropriate size minus the cheetah and still slide in under the business professional banner or must she really dress like a 45 YO.

Comments (33)