SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

An Idea. A Challenge. A Simple Way To Give Back

LynnNM
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Earlier this week, I saw a post on Facebook that touched me very much. It was, I believe, originally posted by a Jennifer Parks. I have no idea who this is, but I now admire her greatly. I'm posting it below for you to see.

Anyhoo, it inspired me to follow her suggestion and do just that. This afternoon, I went shopping for those essentials. I got a bit carried away, but I think I can get everything in there. I'll probably need to add only one of the fruit cups, though, and take the combs out of the packaging. The second pic below is my extra purse and all that I'm going to attempt to pack into it. I still need to add a travel pack of Kleenex, a small mirror and some Chapstick. The weather is getting a lot colder now, so I've added a warm hat, gloves and socks. Some new makeup, too, as most every woman will get a pick-me-up from a bit of lipgloss, etc. And, I couldn't pass up an inexpensive pair of pretty earrings.

I'm NOT posting this to pat myself on the back. Instead, I am just hoping to encourage a few of you to do something similar. It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive. But, such a simple gesture can help turn a bad day better, and put a smile on someone's face, too. It's really the little things in life that can make a difference, you know?

The original Facebook post:

My own purse and things to pack it with:

Comments (7)