SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

Recordaras, WoW

mamapinky0
8 years ago

Thank you so much, your package came today, how very kind of you. Amiee is thrilled, you sent her some kool stuff for her Japanese collection. She was completely shocked and happy by this surprise. Thank you so much. Amiee will be on shortly to tell you how she feels herself.

For those of you that don't knowAmiee loves all things Japanese, unbeknownist to Amiee Recordaras sent her Japanese laundry detergent, toothbrush, toothpaste, and candy. Such a very kind and thoughtful thing to do for sure. Amiee already has a load of bright colored PJ's washing with the Attack detergent, ( there are 2 different kinds of detergent) we used warm water instead of our normal hot because in Japan they wash in cold water so the detergents are formulated for cold or warm, hot may kill the enzymes. There's only a few bubbles but the water is extremely slippery. I've been told Attack is loaded in enzymes. so I will update you on this when they are done.

Again Recordaras, Thank You.

Comments (15)

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

Oh Gosh... yeah, that Attack stuff, is super, super strong. You'd never wanna use Hot, or even a warmish-warm.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

These PJ's are so clean..she had pizza sauce on one top, and multiple food stains in others, everything came clean, I didn't use FS and I'm glad..super super soft clothes. This stuff is amazing.Wish I knew the iingredients. AMIEE fell asleep but wait till she sees her PJ's...Recordaras..Thank You.

• sandy1616
    8 years ago

Recordaras is awesome !

• larsi_gw
    8 years ago

L O V E our forum, AMAZING people!!!!

• beaglenc
    8 years ago

So thoughtful of Recordaras!!

• Pawprint
    8 years ago

I feel like Sister Sledge singing We Are Family!

Everyone is so thoughtful & caring!!

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mich..the pics above of the Laundry Detergent, the green one is Attack..but have you ever heard of the other one? I wonder if its for whites or darks lol.

• recordaras
    8 years ago

Hey Mama, thanks so much for the update!!! Sorry I've been AWOL - life is a little crazy right now, so not spending as much time on here as I'd like. I also wish I could find some of the other goodies I brought back from Japan to share, but our spare room is kind of like a black hole where things tend to disappear.

I'm really glad you're enjoying the detergent and are getting good results! The two times I used those detergents in a Japanese washer I felt like the clothes came out pretty faded, but maybe it was in part due to the washer not being gentle enough.

The second detergent is Heyaboshi Top, meant for line drying indoors and said to prevent musty smells. I think they are both marketed as "for both", but as I mentioned I did experience some fading even with warm-ish water (I pulled a Mama and added a couple of teapots of boiling water to the machine), so I wouldn't use them on anything saturated.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Recordaras, we did one more load, we used the Top detergent, the water wasn't as slippery but everything came out clean, we did a medium load of sons hiking clothes, they were dirt and grass stained and sweat stinky..clean and odor free now..I took one mor pack of Attack to use as a stain pretreat since its loaded in enzymes. The Rest Amiee has put up in the very pretty Japanese gift bag you also encluded.

I forgot to mention about the Kirks bar soap you sent..we love Kirks, this one is unscented, which we've never used, so we will be getting to that in the near future. Again Thank You for the lovely gifts.

Are you sure you don't want to try Tide Professional with oxi? It does have a scent but since its formatted for hotels the scent is all but gone afterwards. Its a very good detergent and I have plenty and would be happy to send some out.

• Baby Pinky
    8 years ago

Recordaras! Thank you so much for all the japanese stuff! :) the laundry soap smells so good! The candy is just so good! Oh I love it all! Thank you so much!! Arigato Recordaras-Chan!! I also love collecting Japanese stuff, I'm saving the rest to display with my other Japanese stuff.

Thank you again Recordaras!!!

• recordaras
    8 years ago

Aimee and Cheryl, so happy that you liked the goodies! I figured you would be much better "caregivers" to the detergents than me. :)

And thanks so much for the Tide Pro offer - I think I will eventually take you up on it Mama, but not quite right now. I just saw a post with the Tide powder with Downy on Amazon and... ordered it, so I really need a laundry intervention before I can take anything else in. But in the meantime I'll be thinking of what else to trade you - have you tried the Ecover powder? I think it should be comparable to the Biokleen, but it would be great to get your opinion.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi Recordaras, no I haven't tried Ecover powder but I've heard good things about it over on AW. I actually really like Biokleen. Right now I'm stuck on Tide with Bleach, the old scent, I forgot how much I loved this scent until I opened one lol.

That Tide with Downy powder smells nice and I've liked it on my white towels with oxygen bleach. Out of the dryer it smells very *soft* it doesn't soften like LFS, yet it softens towels just the perfect amount, and there's a slight undertone of old original April Fresh.

I have to laugh at you *thinking of what else to trade me* we haven't traded yet..you gave..lol. but if you ever think of any detergent you want to try just let me know, if I have it ...its yours. Take Care.

• recordaras
    8 years ago

Thank you Mama! What a great tradition you've started here. You really are the heart of our laundry room. :)

• larsi_gw
    8 years ago

MamaP is the heart of our laundry room, isn't she?! XOXOX