SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
handyfrank

Blue Pearl Granite Questions - Opinions, Please help!

handyfrank
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I can use some opinions and help if anyone wants to share.

My wife has decided she likes blue pearl granite. We went to 2 different fabricators and they gave us varying shades of the stone. We are painting our cabinets white, and have all new stainless appliances coming and my wife likes Blue Pearl since it has a lot of white/gray/blue/black in it.

All 3 of these granite samples in the picture are Blue pearl, or a variation of it. The samples we received all look so different, and also come at different price points which we expected

-The dark one on the left is very nice, has lots of depth, and the silver flakes shine like crazy. But, there is almost no blue in it and am afraid it may be too dark once it is covering so much countertop. I searched around Houzz and I think people call this Silver Pearl. Or is silver pearl something else, or not an accurate name?

-The one to the right is true Blue Pearl. I also received a sample of Blue Pearl GT and it looks nearly identical to this one. This one comes in at $1K more than the other 2.

-The top one we were told is Light Blue Pearl, which is very different from any Blue Pearl we've ever seen. It has lots of blue, but the stone doesn't have a ton of depth like the 2 others. You can see the blue flakes inside, but the rest of the stone doesn't have depth like the 2 others. I've never seen this granite ever, and can't even find it online. Could it go by a different name than Blue Pearl?

Help
Guess I am trying to get some feedback on if either the darker, or ligher one will be ideal and save $1000. Or bite the bullet for the subtle difference the true Blue Pearl GT brings. We may eventually sell so we are leaning towards the dark or light one, and save the $1K for the next house project. We keep going back and forth with the light and dark choice. We are planning white cabinets, stainless appliances, and then a complimenting backsplash either in a white subway tile, a Carrara type marble, or something else subtle and on the light colored side.

Any feedback appreciated.

All 3 together

Light Blue Pearl

Comments (16)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!