SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
csimmons222

Will Mixing these Finishes Work in My Bathroom?

csimmons222
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We are finishing up the construction of our new home. I am considering mixing chrome and brushed nickel in the master bath and need some advise.

The vanity has not been delivered yet but it will be just over 7 feet long. There will be a cabinet that is in the center of the countertop that divides the vanity. Similar to the image below but not exactly. The doors below the sinks will be full height, up to the bottom of the countertop. The top center cabinet will have an "X" style wine rack to hold towels and the cabinet above it will have a frosted glass door.

The actual color and style cabinets that we are using are shown below. The hardware on the cabinets will be brushed nickel bars.

The floor tile and accent tile is below (ignore the counter samples). The floor tile is actually a slightly darker then pictured. It has some dark blue / gray veining in it and it has some silver flake that shimmers if viewed at the correct angle.

The countertop is shown below. The countertop has some brown veining, dark blue / gray flaking and also has a bit of silver in it that causes it to sparkle.

Here are the sinks that I am considering:

Here are the faucets that I am considering:

Here is the shower door that I am considering:

Below is the only shot that I have of the bathroom at the moment. The tile looks a lot darker in this picture. The bath is fairly long. The 6' whirlpool tub is on the right. The vanity will be on the left. Just beyond the wall that the vanity butts up against is a 5' standup shower. The door to the left at the far end of the bath takes you into the room with the toilet. The door to the right at the far end takes you into the walk-in closet.

The same tile on the floor with be used for the tub surround and deck with the accent tile shown above. The floor tile will also be used in the standup shower but will be placed vertically with an accent tile stripe running from floor to ceiling.

I think that the white drop-in whirlpool tub, the white vessel sinks and the white fiberglass shower basin will brighten up the room and really pop against the gray. I purchased brushed nickel straight bar towel holders to match the style and color of the cabinet hardware.

While all my hardware is brushed nickel, I was thinking of using chrome sink and tub faucets. IMO, they will really shine and standout against the gray countertops and tile vs brushed nickel faucets.

The shower door that I am considering is also chrome. While the shower panel that I purchased has a mixture of brushed nickel and chrome.

I know that is a lot to digest but do you think mixing the brushed nickel and chrome in the way I described will look okay?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert