SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01

The best day ever!

daisychain Zn3b
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I hope this doesn't come off as gloating, but yesterday was about the best day I've ever had and I just have the need to put it in writing and share.

I spent the whole day at our house painting the new nightstands. My DH came over for a while and I realized that we've been together for almost 30 years and we still adore each other. We ate lunch in the sun (and remember I live 3 hours north of Fargo, so weather like this in Oct. is a miracle) on our front deck watching the neighbourhood go by.

I had a perfectionist carpenter working all day (on a Saturday!) on our kitchen. He was also super friendly (and very easy to look at). He finished putting together our island which looks better than I could have hoped for.

My 16 walked over and spent more than 3 hours with me while I painted talking about her life and laughing with me about everything.

My 11 year old (who is a major handful) woke up in a great mood and had theatre lessons most of the day so I didn't have to worry about what she was up to.

As I was packing up the painting stuff getting ready to leave, I noticed that they had dropped off all the millwork and sitting on top of the huge pile were these 100 year old cabinet doors that my GC had told me were missing and would have to be replaced with new ones. I love those doors and had almost cried when he told me they were gone.

I walked the 10 blocks back to our temporary home and stopped and talked to 2 strangers about nothing, but just the fact that they also seemed to be having major good days made me even happier.

DH found a touching and funny movie for us to watch on netflix (Venus) and then ran out and bought me dessert. When I asked why he would do such a nice thing, he replied, "I love you. I'd do anything for you."

I know the next month or two finishing up the house and moving (right at end of term while I'm writing report cards and trying to get ready for Christmas and Hannukah!) is going to be crazy, but the perfection of today might just be enough to get me through it.

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!