SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smokingsink

Please help with ideas to reconfigure bathroom

smokingsink
8 years ago

I hope you can all help me with this unusual dilemma. Remodeling a second story full bathroom that serves two bedrooms. It's unusual in that the floor of the bathroom is the ceiling for the first floor (log house). As a result, the tub is raised up six inches to allow for plumbing, and the toilet is raised another 5 on top of that. (Which is not enough, have always had problems with the plumbing, if you know what I mean!) We have enough ceiling height to raise the entire floor so we don't have the "throne" situation going on. I plan to use a sliding barn door on the outside of the room, and you would have to step up as you enter it. If there is a better way to handle this please let me know.
The window can be changed, I would like to have the entire exterior wall windows if at all possible. It's on the south side of the house, the view is incredible, and it lets in a lot of light that floods the two story foyer. The first floor is very dark and I think more windows there will help with that.
The door is centered to the hallway and foyer, and I'd rather not change that if I don't have to.
The closet opens into the bathroom. It's too narrow to be useful, so it's being opened up into the room.
I would like two sinks, and don't have a preference of two vanities or one. I'd like a separate shower and tub. I do have an old claw foot tub I'd like to use. The space is huge, really a lot of wasted space, and the more I look at it the more confused I get. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Here is the bathroom now:

Comments (23)