SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melis918

Bugs in my pantry! How to get rid of?

Melissa Kroger
8 years ago

The other day I noticed a teeny tiny rust colored bug in my hall pantry closet. I killed it, cleaned it up, whatever. Then last night I saw quite a few more, so I started rooting around to find the source. The culprit was a large bag of saffron that my son and his wife brought me from their honeymoon in Turkey this past June. They had hatched and eaten through the bag and are everywhere! I could cry! So far they seem to be contained in the closet, but who knows? They seem to like fiber- they are imbedded in all my cute baskets and are in all my cookbooks. I am throwing out any open containers or packages and am wiping off every can, jar or package of anything. Ive thrown away most of the cookbooks with the exception of a few sentimental ones. Im not sure what to do with those since they might be filled with eggs I can't see. I've vacuumed a thousand times and washed every shelf with a bleach solution. I ran out and bought airtight containers to replace the baskets. Is there anything else I should be doing before I put it back together.? This is making me sick!

Comments (17)