SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicholasx52

Should I add windows?

nicholasx52
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Currently building a house and have considered adding a few new windows to the master bedroom and bath. The problem is I'm not sure if it works and would love to see if anyone had any opinions on whether we should go forward with it.

I've attached to photos showing where the new windows would be and a larger picture of the floor plan without the windows.

In the master bedroom, we figure the only reasonable place to place the bed is against the wall bordering the walk-in closet (according to our measurements a king with smaller side tables will fit). Putting the bed between the two existing windows would appear to create a choke point to the master (especially with a king sized bed) so we thought to add an additional window there. FYI - It's not visible on the plan I've attached but there's a bonus/sitting room on the wall opposite from the entry door which precludes placing the bed there.

In the master bath, we were thinking about adding two windows but were worried that we'd be taking up all the space for hanging towels. Also, the window near the toilet/shower would be asymmetrical to the window across from it and on the floor below (it would be offset). However, its on a wall on rear of house so not really visible from the street.

Any thoughts on whether we should go through with it? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)