SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
interiordesignlongisland

Waterstone Faucets: Horrible Customer Service

A U
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

You'd think with such high end faucet company with a price tag to match, I'd receive better customer service today. I spent close to $4000 purchasing main faucet, island faucet, filter faucet, pot filler and soap dispenser in polished finish. On the very 1ST day, the faucet finish tarnished. Imagine my disappointment!!! Not even after a week, after the 1st day, it looks like my faucet is years old with dark spots!!!! I haven't even left any water drops on it - I've been wiping obcessively with a microfiber cloth.
I have a water softener installed so my water is not hard, yet I have dark water spots all over my hardware. According to their website and all documentation received from Waterstone (warranty documents, etc), it is clearly stated that the polished nickel has a clear protective coating. Yet when I called today, Debbie, the rudest person I've talked to in a long time screamed at me stating don't you know, it's a LIVING finish. I said - not according to your site and your documents. She maintained that it's a mistake on their site and on all their docs and that all i can do is take it up with my dealer. I did, and they said they hands are tied. I am EXTREMELY disappointed and warn all to think twice before purchasing anything from Waterstone. You'd think you'd have better luck with a product made in America that charges Rolls Royce prices for faucets. But, no. Customer service is NOT their priority. HUGELY DISAPOINTED. Oh, and in case they read this: I have a recording of Debbie's rudeness on the phone in case owners would like to hear it.
Finish descriptions on Waterstone.com.

Comments (85)

• TwoBelles
    8 years ago

Yes, please do update this thread. Thanks!

• A U
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi guys, Waterstone has offered to completely replace my faucets after I sent them a copy of my invoice and photos. This was a great gesture on their part. I was offered this after being asked to use a wax polish to see if it removes the stains. Some stains vanished after waxing, but some didn't, but most importantly, the stains came back right away. The stains are not just white stains. They are also dark outline kind of stains that are very hard (close to impossible) to remove when wiping with a microfiber cloth. In fact, almost impossible. Faucets should not be so high maintenance without a warning to a customer. So, as I said, Waterstone offered to replace the faucets (I have a set of 5 items from the collection. They also admitted that stating that Polished Nickel has a CLEAR COAT as they did on their website and in their documentation that arrived with faucets - was a mistake on their part. Replacing to chrome finish involves a new costly expense for me to hire a plumber to reinstall all faucets. I have a main faucet, filter faucet, island faucet, pot filler and soap dispenser. So lots of items. So I am still in the midst of a decision making to see if I want to live with the stains, or incur the extra expense. But, Waterstone was gracious enough to offer the replacement - and there is a major chance that I'll prob take them up on it. Do I recommend buying this faucet in Polished Nickel or some other non-chrome finish? NO WAY. Do I recommend this brand. YES. Faucets are gorgeous, get lots of compliments and so far, i don't have any other issues besides stains. So if you're buying, buy only chrome.

• Related Discussions

Calling lesmis- i.e your Waterstone Annapolis faucet

Q

Comments (26)
    So I priced out the Waterstone and accessories that I would need, and also the Perrin and Rowe with the same features (they look almost identical), and it turns out, much to my surprise, that I can get the Perrin and Rowe for over $300 less! So, since they look so much the same, and I know it is a good quality faucet, I went ahead and ordered it in chrome. I really loved the Waterstone, but at a difference of $300 I really can't justify that. Even with the price difference, for all the part I needed (faucet with sidespray, soap dispenser, extended flange for my Shaw sink, garbage disposal cap (we will have a batch disposal), and drain strainer, it still came to about $1000. Yikes! I really didn't want to go that high with the faucet, but, as I remember someone on GW saying, it IS the most used thing in the kitchen. So I will just have to shave a few hundred dollars off somewhere else....
    ...See More

Waterstone 5600 PLP faucet

Q

Comments (98)
    I have the Waterstone contemporary PLP extended reach in chrome, as well as the soap dispenser, hot/cold faucet and air switch button. I’ve been using them for almost a year and I am very pleased. The finish has held up well and performance is great. The faucet is one of my favorite things in my kitchen!
    ...See More

How To Buy a Faucet

Q

Comments (58)
    @ winonelson I'm sorry you did not get an answer, which is unusual on this forum. California has recently declared through executive order by Jerry Brown that bathroom sink faucets sold in the Golden State after 1/1/2016 may not have a flow rate greater than 1.2 gpm and kitchen sink faucets are limited to 1.8 gpm. As goes California, so goes North America, so I suspect that getting the 2.2 gpm faucet is going to get harder, not easier. Here's a trick, however. Almost all faucet flow limiters are built into the aerator, which can be removed and replaced with another aerator that allows for more flow. Even though the faucet you may be considering is rated at 1.8 gpm, there is a chance you can get an aerator from either the faucet company or an independent faucet parts supplier that has a higher flow limit. It will require some research and telephone work, but it can be done.
    ...See More

Waterstone faucets?

Q

Comments (44)
    I know this is an older post but wanted to add my experience. I love my Chrome PLP modern faucet but I did have some initial issues with both my soap dispenser and pot filler. The soap dispenser was super wobbly when first installed, so I reached out to Waterstone. They shared that there were two options - a plastic sleeve or plastic o rings. We had received the sleeve and so they send us the o rings for free to try. They worked much better and were easy to install and no more major wobble. The second issue was with our pot filler. Once installed it was super hard to swing and made a horrible grinding/squeaking noise. I contacted waterstone and they said some stiffness was normal but suggested some silicone lubricant to help I tried lubricant and working the hinge but it just didn’t help and eventually they replaced it under the warranty. The new one was immediately easy to move and no grinding. So with that said like any company quality issues might happen but their customer service was great since they not only helped troubleshoot the problems but answered quickly and worked fast to get the replacement. I doubt many other companies would be as helpful and just feeling the weight of the fixtures tells you it’s good quality. I’ve also had no issues since and love my fixtures! I’ll probably take them with me whenever I move LOL
    ...See More
  • charon70
    8 years ago
    Alina, thanks for the update! I am interested in the Waterstone Annapolis line in black oil rubbed bronze. I was planning to purchase the kitchen sink faucet with sprayer, disposal button, and soap dispenser. Based on your experience, are you suggesting not to select any other finish but chrome because of the maintenance and upkeep? I really do not want to purchase a high maintenance faucet finish. At the same time, I don't know if I will like chrome in my kitchen.
  • PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    8 years ago

charon70

Be aware that black oil rubbed is a living finish. This is what Waterstone has to say about its living finishes:

"....Living Finishes add a
    traditional old world feel to your kitchen and perfect for Tuscan or
    Mediterranean designs. These finishes are considered Living Finishes and
    have NO PROTECTIVE COATING on them. Living finishes
    are finishes that have a very shallow patina on their surface.
    Essentially, the finish is what nature would do to the surface over a
    long period of time. The finishes are intended to change with time and
    generally darken slightly where they are not being touched, and
    highlight where the high use points are on the fixture. Hand oils,
    soaps, and acidic fluids and cleaners can damage the finish. These
    finishes are not durable
    , and are easily scratched or scuffed. Any type
    of astringent cleaner or any type of abrasive cleanser, pad, cloth or
    sponge will damage the finish. To help keep the surface on the fixture
    from oxidizing in the packaging, Waterstone initially applies a wax to
    the finish surface to help protect and prevent the finish from exposure
    to air and oxidizing prior to installation."

When making a major purchase such as a faucet, always know exactly what you are buying. That way you won't be disconcerted if the finish does not behave the way you think it should.

• charon70
    8 years ago
    Thanks Star Craft! I called Waterstone customer service to get more information on the black oil rubbed bronze finish. The rep recommended that I purchase the matte black finish instead of the black oil rubbed bronze because it is powdered coated. The matte black finish will not change over time, is easy to keep clean, and does not spot when it comes in contact with water. Again, thanks for your post because it nudged me to dig further to make sure I purchase the right finish for me.
  • A U
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes, Charon70, as StarCraft stated, oil rubbed bronze is a living finish which is harder to maintain than polished nickel - and I'm having a hell of a time maintaining polished nickel. This is my life: Open faucet, wash whatever I'm washing, then dry my hands before closing faucet to make sure I don't touch the handle with wet hands. To use the pull down - dry hands. Once done with faucet, immediately use microfiber cloth to dry everything spotless, or else the stains appear. Now, I am ok doing that. My husband? No, he never does. My kids? They don't also. So the stains are there.

• napagirl
    8 years ago

charon70 - Chocolate Bronze is also a powder coated finish.

• napagirl
    8 years ago

12% PRICE INCREASE: I called Customer Service this morning and their prices are going up on January 1, 2016. They're closed now and will reopen on Monday, December 28, closing at noon on New Years Eve.

• raebutt
    8 years ago

So.. based on this discussion I thoroughly checked my Waterstone suite of 5 pieces before install. All were perfect. It has now been in use 1 month and I have pitting in two places on my very expensive PN Gantry main faucet. The rest of the suite seems fine. I called Waterstone today but their tech support Dept was closed. I will try tomorrow. Their warranty states they do not support the finish once installed! I should have read their fine print, however I will give them a chance to resolve my issue before commenting. Just an FYI.

• raebutt
    8 years ago

Update. After speaking with the technical support person at Waterstone I was told to take pictures of the affected faucet, contact the appliance store I purchased the faucet from and they would initiate repair/replacement with Waterstone. I called Ferguson the dealer I bought the faucet suite from and spoke with the salesman I originally ordered from. I sent the pics to him and he contacted Waterstone. A week later the Ferguson rep called to tell me Waterstone would replace the entire Gantry faucet but I would need to remove and trade the old faucet for the new one. No problem. Waterstone and Ferguson stood by me and though I have not yet received the new faucet I know it is on order and the company stood by its product. I would buy it again in a heartbeat! Great customer service from both company's.

• TwoBelles
    8 years ago

That is great news! I had ordered several faucets for my kitchen and prep area from Waterstone in the polished copper finish. Unfortunately, they are not currently offering that finish due to quality issues. I guess I should be happy that I made the change to chrome before they were installed, but they would have been beautiful in my new space. Wish they had worked that out. I am very glad to hear that both Waterstone and Ferguson honored the warranty. Especially since I also placed my order through Ferguson. ;)

Thanks for the update!

• napagirl
    8 years ago

Alina, its been a month since you last posted. Did you decide to take Waterstone up on their offer to replace your PN faucets, and if so, did you keep the same finish? I really hope you decided to replace the faucets. I think you would be very disappointed later if you didn't have them replaced.

• rococogurl
    8 years ago

I have a 12 year old brushed nickel kitchen faucet and sprayer and 12 yo polished nickel bathroom sink faucets. These are living finishes and I use Flitz cleaner to clean them every so often as they throw off tarnish. It's similar to cleaning silver.

The nickel and chrome show white water spots. Those wipe off very quickly with a microfiber. If spots don't wipe off and cannot be cleaned the faucet finish is defective.

It's lovely that the brand is US Made and that the family is military. All reasons to support.

But sorry, at that price point the finishes should be integral, not coated, and the faucets should be extremely heavy i.e. with lots of brass vs plastic.

Everyone should have the look & features they want. I favor sleeker lines so fixtures are easy to keep clean. However, IMO waxing any faucet is insane. Loco. Nutso. Maybe in 1945. Lordy, what will they think up next?

• raebutt
    7 years ago

Update! My replacement Gantry faucet arrived and has been installed and finish is perfect! Original Gantry had quite a few places where the finish was spotted or uneven and a specific spot where the clear coat was bubbled. Ferguson took care of the whole exchange and informed me that Waterstone was going to use my return to determine flaws in production and inspection process and they had recently developed a new process for product inspection. All I can say is both Ferguson and Waterstone took care of me promptly. I am a very satisfied customer of both companies and I LOVE my Gantry faucet.

• be36pilot
    7 years ago

We have been waiting and waiting for delivery on a Waterstone faucet. Time is running out so I thought I would do a google on Waterstone delivery problems. This thread showed up and I am so disappointed. We had thought for sure a high end American company would offer a superior product with great service. I understand every company has problems now and then but the mark of a good company is how they resolve those problems.

Frankly I'm aghast that the owner of the company is a USNA grad and a Marine! I think him for his service but am still surprised.

• PRO
    7 years ago

be36pilot

Have you contacted the company to find out the problem?

• be36pilot
    7 years ago

I talked to them today. I wanted to determine of the issue was with them or their dealer. They said any questions would have to go through the dealr I purchased the faucet from. I asked them what current delivery was on the faucet and they said 4-6 weeks. It's been over that so I still don't know if it's the dealer or Waterstone. I started calling the dealer at 4 weeks, which was the promised delivery. The info they got back from Waterstone was next week. That has gone on for awhile. It's always next week.

• be36pilot
    7 years ago

To add to the above, we bought Wolf and Sub Zero appliances. They are also very expensive products. They have exceeded my expectations in terms of product quality and customer service. That's what one should expect when paying top dollar for a product.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    6 years ago

I need to jump in here with some comments. First of all, if you are having issues that are not resolved with Waterstone - shame on the dealer. There is NO excuse for that. I have represented Waterstone for the better part of 10 years or more and I sell more Waterstone faucets than 90% of the dealers in the country. I have never had an unresovled issue with a customer. I have had a few customers call Waterstone with less than desirable results, but a quick phone call to me gets things done quickly. Two things: If the dealer does not go into great detail about the finish choice and the use and care, the dealer is not doing their job. The dealer makes a profit for advertising the faucet, selling it AND for the customer service before and after the sale. The dealer should have a thorough knowledge of the product, warranty, installation and care. All aspects should be explained to the customer. Secondly, Waterstone has been growing at a rapid pace. They are constantly hiring new employees. I have received incorrect information from a new employee. The fact that I know that is one reason we feel equipped to offer Waterstone along with the proper customer service. Most dealers, sadly, are not educated well with regard to the product, warranty, etc.

• friedajune
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Rachiele - your comment does not take care of the bottom-line issue in this thread - that the Waterstone faucet finish had so many problems, and needed so much out-of-the-norm upkeep, to make it inappropriate for kitchen use. Waterstone's specs do not describe the OP's finish as a living finish. If as you said, the dealer is well educated in the product, and explained to the customer that a $4000 faucet "use and care" means this kind of constant babying treatment in order to look nice, and even with that, still mightn't look nice, the customer would thank the dealer for letting her know, and ask that dealer to suggest a different high-end brand that would not have those problems.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    6 years ago

Perhaps I did not make myself clear. All of the living finishes require a great deal of care - or an understanding of what they will look like with marginal care. This should be thoroughly discussed with the buyer before offering the sale and from what I have heard, that has rarely been the case. Secondly, every company has finish issues once in a while and I think I can speak with greater experience than most (due to the fact that I have thousands of customers with Waterstone faucets and rarely have a finish issue, that Waterstone has very few issues compared to most. From 1998 to 2008 I had a company called Luxury Home Products. I sold about 20 brands of faucets. We were a large online company and in 2006 I discovered that my sales staff was spending a great deal of time handling faucet warranty issues. I had my bookkeeper go back 6 months and list each brand showing the amount of warranty claims for each brand. The numbers were so staggering that I eliminated the top 10 offenders from our website that day. By the way, Waterstone had no warranty claims during that period. I then had my bookkeeper go back 6 months just looking for warranty issues with Waterstone - none. Since 2008 I have only offered Waterstone due to the lack of problems. We average 1-4 faucet sales per day - every day. We have been doing that for almost a decade. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has problems. It is the dealer that should be making sure the manufacturer is taking good care of their customer. If that is not happening, the dealer made a sale and was overpaid for that sale.

• friedajune
    6 years ago

"All of the living finishes require a great deal of care"

Again, the faucet in this thread does not have a living finish; it is polished nickel, spec'd by Waterstone as not being a living finish, but instead having a "coating". As pointed out in one of the posts on this thread, a faucet at this price point should not be coated (I'd expect an $80 faucet at HD to be coated), but instead the polished nickel finish should be integral to the metal, and not just a coating. I have a polished nickel faucet by Rohl, another by Newport Brass, and another by Kohler but Kohler's lower line bought at a big box store. The Rohl and the Newport Brass finishes are gorgeous, and believe me, neither cost close to $4000. The Kohler's polished nickel has developed a brownish patina, but was not expensive so I didn't expect much. I have seen Kohler's higher-cost polished nickel faucets in friends' kitchens and they remain beautiful. There is no excuse for Waterstone on this one.

• raebutt
    6 years ago

This is a 1 year old thread! The person complaining b36pilot, has not posted about resolution. I am a very satisfied consumer and I went through the company I purchased the faucet from when I had a problem, it was resolved immediately by Ferguson and Waterstone. It has now been 2 years since my replacement and I have no issues. I am doing a bathroom next and would gladly buy bath fixtures from Waterstone if they made them. Semper Fi

• PRO
    6 years ago

No kidding. This subject has been beat to death. Enough, already! If the OP was not willing to post a resolution, then we don't know but that he or she was completely satisfied with the result. Bottom line,if the finish was polished nickel as stated and had the problems described, Waterstone should have replaced the faucet. Probably it did, knowing Waterstone as I do.

• Jerry Jorgenson
    6 years ago

I've had no issues with my Waterstone faucet which were purchased from Dino along with the Rachiele sink, so I expect any issues would be taken care of as Dino and his staff have been very customer supportive (based on my experience and various GW comments). However, he's an anomaly. In most cases dealers (of any product) add cost without adding value, so, often your only hope is that the manufacturer will help you out.

• homepro01
    6 years ago

The company I purchased my Waterstone from went out of business during the economic downturn. Waterstone would not even speak to me and the plumbing supply store that they referred me to no longer carried parts for their products. I needed a minor nut to install the faucet because the plumber threw of the box without making sure he had all the parts. Based on the run around I received from Waterstone, I would not recommend the product.

What happens when the retailer you purchased it from went our of business or you moved and took your faucet? The remaining local dealer would not support the faucet since they did not sell it. It is important that the manufacturer recognize the customers. You never know what will happen! Each person will have to make the decision based on the risks they make experience.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    6 years ago

Anyone with an issue where the dealer is not in business or will not respond is welcome to call me at 407-880-6903. I will work with you and Waterstone to help resolve any issues. homepro01, I don't doubt you had a run-around. Waterstone is notorious for not thoroughly training new employees and on occasion, a new employee will give incorrect information. Your situation should have been simple had you talked to another employee. Sadly, this is the only fault I can offer that I see with Waterstone. They have been growing quickly and new employees may not get a thorough training.

• homepro01
    6 years ago

Dino,

I appreciate your offer to help. My situation was resolved when it happened. I don't remember the name of the person that I dealt with at Waterstone, but he was not a new employee and was senior level person because I remember looking him up on LinkedIn. Sad that this was my experience because I really wanted to like the product.

• Jerry Jorgenson
    6 years ago

For reference, here are some photos of one of Waterstone's living finishes (Tuscan brass) after ten months. You can see how parts of the finish has changed over time. The only care they get is an occasional wipe down. I've had no problems, so I can't speak about any service issues.

I can see how finishes like chrome can have more issues as they are supposed to look perfect all the time. I chose wood, copper, and stainless steel finishes that are not supposed to look "showroom new" forever as I'm not that industrious--even if I had the time. So far I have been pleased with my choices. And yes, that's one of Dino's signature sinks peeking out in the bottom of the first three pictures.

• hartntex
    6 years ago

Fairly old thread but have any of you who have the Waterstone 5600 pull down in pn also have the soap dispenser or air switch? I'm wavering about the soap because it seems everyone always has something bad to say about them in general (wear out, get clogged, use the wrong soap, drips in sink, etc!). thx in advance before the holes are drilled in marble!

• Jerry Jorgenson
    6 years ago

Don't have the air switch, but the soap dispenser has been fine. It is kind of hard to tell when it's full, but that's a minor issue as even with daily use, the time between fills is several months.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    6 years ago

Jerry, may I lift a couple of your faucet photos to show on my site? It is difficult to explain living finishes without having photos showing how they naturally age.

• Jerry Jorgenson
    6 years ago

Sure, go right ahead.

• User
    5 years ago

Our Waterstone customer service experience has been excellent!

In early 2013, we installed a 5400 faucet suite and 1400C filtration faucet, all in stainless steel. Until September, 2017, our Honolulu apartment was unoccupied for half of each year, so our faucets were used only half-time. When we returned to our apartment in the fall of 2013, we noticed rust spots on our faucets, soap dispenser, and garbage disposal air switch. Moisture in the inaccessible area between these fixtures and our white Corian countertop had caused the fixtures to rust and stain our countertop. I was unable to completely polish off the rust spots without damaging the brushed stainless steel surfaces and was unable to access the rust between the fixtures and our countertop without uninstalling the fixtures which I consider an unreasonable maintenance step.

Each year, the rust became worse, so at the end of 2017, we asked Waterstone to honor its lifetime finish warranty on stainless steel. Debbie in Waterstone customer service asked for photos of the rust and a description of how we maintained our faucets. She conferred with her superiors who decided that we had not maintained our fixtures properly. However, Waterstone was unable to explain to us how their recommended maintenance procedure would have prevented rusting between our fixtures and countertop.

Waterstone finally decided that our salty, humid environment was unsuitable for Waterstone's brushed stainless steel finish and offered to replace everything under warranty at no cost with either chrome, satin chrome, or satin nickel, none of which would rust. We decided on satin chrome whose appearance seemed most similar to brushed stainless steel. Waterstone manufactured our replacement fixtures, shipped them to us at their cost, and paid the return shipping cost for our stainless steel fixtures. We were responsible for uninstalling and reinstalling the fixtures. I consider this to be a very fair deal.

A couple of weeks after I had installed the replacement fixtures, our new soap dispenser began leaking soap out of the pump onto our countertop. I tried to fix this leak without success. I again contacted Waterstone customer service which immediately shipped another satin chrome soap dispenser including a spare plastic pump and straw. I installed the replacement soap dispenser today.

Even though we originally purchased our Waterstone faucet suite and filtration faucet from Plumbing Overstock, Waterstone customer service did not require us to make our warranty claim to Plumbing Overstock and worked with us directly.

I can't ask for better customer service and remain very happy with our high-quality American-made faucet suite and filtration faucet.

• Wendy Couture
    4 years ago

All the issues stated here remain. Told my faucet was a living finish also although I don’t have issues with the PVD other pieces as for sure they are not living. Never were we told we had to polish and wax? Really? Their customer service has been rude and unhelpful. Beware prior to purchasing as if your builder installs the faucet you don’t have the official receipt then they will not help you. I know this thread is old but the same issues are popping up and they appear to not have changed. I have the installation instructions so isn’t that proof enough? For the $4k we spent on this kitchen faucet system we should be treated like we are valued customers...not dirty thieves are implying even with pictures and install instructions that were left by the plumber. I’m so angry at this point...and my husband is also ex military. Does not mean a thing if you treat your customers like crap. Making sure you do the right thing says more than anything.

• Jerry Jorgenson
    4 years ago

The way a living finish is supposed to work is that the parts used frequently will wear to the bare metal giving a multi-tone effect. You're not supposed to shine them up or the finish will be all worn away. I never wax or polish mine and they have a nice appearance as shown in the pictures above. I can't say anything about the service as there has never been any need. However, I'm sure that Dino from Rachiele will make it right if there ever is an issue. A person with a high OCD level will not likely be happy with any kind of changing finish.

• PRO
    4 years ago

@ Wendy Couture

Exactly what is the issue with your faucet? Your explanation is not very clear.

A living finish, which is supposed to react to the environment, showing the effects of use and age, will not look like a PVD finish even after a few months. PVD is probably the least reactive finish, showing absolutely no effects from the environment. The two finishes are at opposite poles

But I still don't understand your concern other than you did not get satisfaction from Waterstone. Satisfaction for exactly what problem?

• Aglitter
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

This is one of the major threads in archive concerning Waterstone faucet quality, and it's confusing. Here's my take by way of summary:

• The OP purchased $4K of Waterstone faucets and accessories for a remodel in the polished nickel finish. The coating on the finish was defective. Waterstone, through much negotiation and frustrating customer service, eventually offered to replace her entire order. The OP never fully updated us, but by the final post, it sounds like that she had rejected Waterstone's offer because the financial outlay for plumbers to re-install everything was more trouble to her than it was worth. Her advice to future customers was to only purchase Waterstone faucets in chrome if you purchase them at all.
    • Be sure your plumber doesn't throw away a box without checking for all parts because Waterstone is reluctant to provide replacement parts directly to customers, preferring to work through distributors who may or may not still be in business, and Waterstone will charge you for any replacement parts if they do provide them. Dino Rachiele sells Waterstone faucets daily and has offered to help anyone who has an unresponsive distributor. Sound like he'd be a good resource for the initial purchase, check here: www.rachiele.com/copper-kitchen-faucet-waterstone
    • The stainless steel fixtures can rust. This story was from Hawaii where the humidity is high and air is salty. It's hard to know for sure, but this could point to an inadequate nickel and chromium content in the metal or possibly less-than-pure source of metal (such as recycled) used at the outset of manufacturing.
    • Keep your official receipt or Waterstone will not help you.
    • Waterstone's customer service representatives tend to be rude and uninformed more often than not. This has been blamed on the company's rapid growth, fast hire rate, and lack of adequate employee training. Reviews elsewhere on the web aside from Houzz also seem to confirm the deficient customer service track record.
    • Be sure you know what type of finish you are getting and the expectations for each. Study this excellent resource on finishes from @StarCraft Custom Builders which is at this link, Faucet Basics, Part 5: Faucet Finishes. Star Craft has also provided a 2019 review of Waterstone in general which notes its inadequate 7-year warranty terms on faucet finishes, a switch in cartridge suppliers to one of lower cost that is possibly less reliable than the high-quality cartridges previously used, and lack of accreditation by the Better Business Bureau which would be expected from a company of this caliber. Read the full review here.

My issue is that Waterstone beats the competition with certain styles, and they have a couple of faucets that are exactly what I would need for an odd-sized sink that are unmatched anywhere else on the market. I'm thinking of taking the plunge with this company, customer service problems and all. All the reports aren't too reassuring.

• Jerry Jorgenson
    4 years ago

You might also purchase from a known good dealer, such as Rachiele. They will handle any issues for you. As far as the finishes go, if you select a living finish don't have maid service because they'll likely strip the finish while cleaning (you can't rely on telling them). I don't have maid service, so there hasn't been an issue and the living finish has met expectations. As far as I know, all other finishes are coated and so shouldn't present a problem (but check just to make sure). My expectation is that the more complex the design, the more issues you can expect. That's just how things work. We installed our Waterstone faucet in the 2017 remodel and have had no issues with it.

• PRO
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

To follow up on Dormelles excellent post:

1. Stainless steel can rust. Stainless is not actually stainless. It is resistant to rust due to its high nickel content, but it will rust under the right conditions. Which is why we wince when we see stainless recommended for outdoor use. The Type 304 (18/8 or 118/10) stainless used in most faucets is very rust resistant, but not rust proof, especially in high-salt environments. Type 316L stainless is better, but few companies sell faucets made of type 316L. One that does is Waterstone. For outdoor use, however, chromed brass is better. It cannot rust.

2. Always keep your receipt, installation instructions, any leftover parts, special tools, and user manual for any faucet. Put them in a large plastic freezer bag and tape the bag to the inside of the cabinet under the sink. Even if you forget where you put it, the plumber will find it when he or she removes the faucet. The user manual will give you the model name/number which you will need for any replacement parts order or warranty claim.

3. If you get any flak from customer support, report it here and at our review of Waterstone so other people can read about it.

• sherylfaith
    2 years ago

Waterstone is horrible. Their customer service is horrible. My faucet is starting to rust and the soap dispenser plastic pump is disgusting with rust. DO NOT BUY!!! Reporting them to the BBB

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    2 years ago

Give me a call. I will do my best to take care of this for you. What is the finish of your faucet? Call me at 407-880-6903

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    2 years ago

@sherylfaith Please call me. I will do my best to take care of this for you. I have a special relationship with Waterstone and I am sure I can be of help. I am available Mondays through Saturdays. If you want to be assured I am not on the phone when you call, you can click the link to set a phone appointment with me. Set a phone appointment with Dino Rachiele here.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    2 years ago

I have a comment to make about the Waterstone warranty. First, many of their finishes are living finishes - not offered by many companies. These are delicate patinas and anyone offering Waterstone should fully explain the use and care and what to expect. I have done that for well over a decade with zero complaints from customers. Secondly, I would like to mention a great company that many of you might find very helpful. The company is New York Replacement Parts Corporation. They are located in Manhattan, NY. They manufacture faucet parts for well over a hundred brands of faucets, including many that have gone out of business. They were able to replace a Concinnity shower valve for me after the company had been out of business for 10 years. The owner told me they buy up the drawings of companies going out of business and they have the equipment to make just about anything. Here is the interesting part... I asked how they were able to make a profit (in Manhattan of all places) selling parts for faucets without lifetime warranties or for those companies that are no longer in business. Well, the answer was stunning. He simply said, "Try and get the part under warranty!". A month after he told me this, my California Faucets shower valve stopped working and it was under warranty. I used to be a dealer for California faucets. In fact, the owner visited my home and we played guitars together - however that was almost 15 years ago. So, I called California faucets and explained I needed a shower valve under warranty. They explained that since I was no longer a dealer I would have to go through a dealer. I said no problem! They gave me three companies and their phone numbers. I left messages for all three with no return calls. So, what did I do? I called New York Replacement Parts and paid $175 for a part that should have been free under warranty. I am going to provide a link to their website in case you might need a hard-to-find part. New York Replacement Parts Corporation The owner ordered a sink and Waterstone faucet from me and I looked through the huge list of brands and noticed the only brand not listed was Waterstone! I called and asked the owner why they were not listed. His answer was simple... somebody has to call, LOL. He also said that is why he ordered a Waterstone faucet with his Rachiele sink. There is much to be said about stated warranties, but the facts are the facts folks. There is a reason Waterstone is NOT listed with virtually all of the other brands. Waterstone stands behind their lifetime mechanical warranty and the rest of the group keeps New York Replacement Parts in business! One more time for the link...New York Replacement Parts I hope this helps many of you.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    2 years ago

I have not heard from Sheryl. I am wondering if this is a real post. I will let you all know if and when I hear from her. I have been offering Waterstone for well over 10 years and have never had a dissatisfied customer. I always ask my customers to rate the Waterstone customer service on a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best) and virtually all have rated their customer service a 10.

• Jerry Jorgenson
    2 years ago

Here are living finish pictures taken today (2021/5/3). I really like how they have changed a bit over time. However, if you have a maid service they're probably not for you because they will almost certainly polish the finish off. The only "issue" I've had with the sink is that the sprayer control doesn't work quite as well as it did when new. It's not bad enough for me to actually do something about it yet.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    2 years ago

@Jerry Jorgenson That sprayer control has a lifetime warranty. When you feel you would like to have it replaced, let me know and I will take care of that for you. Also, you might not know that the red and blue piece you see in the photos is removable. Simply unscrew the outside round part and remove the colored piece and it will screw back together without a gap.

• sherylfaith
    2 years ago

Rachiele, I take care of my Dad with dementia, hence why I haven't gotten back to you. I am older and not savvy on the computer. I'd be happy to send you photos. I quote from Rep, JOHN. "The sodium chloride in the soap will induce rusting in stainless." Their product is stainless! The back of the faucet is rusting now. This complaint is about the soap dispenser and now the faucet. What information do I need to give you?

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    2 years ago

I fully appreciate what you are doing for your father. The stainless from Waterstone changed to 316 marine grade a few years ago. The older faucets could actually rust. That being said, it can be removed quite easily. Soap can alter the color of regular stainless sinks, however, the 316 Marine grade is not going to be affected. I will do whatever I can to help you with Waterstone. We are one of their favorite accounts and I have a great deal of rapport with the team. My direct email is dino@rachiele.com You can call me at 407-880-6903 and I will do what I can for you. I am sure I can get this r3

• HU-817418394
    2 years ago

I have to say their customer service has been reasonably responsive although their replacement parts take an eternity to arrive. My complaint is the multiple part failures. We have had numerous issues with a variety of aspects of the faucet starting within months of installation in 2015. If I had it to do over I would never purchase a waterstone faucet. I sent them another email today because the handle has come off…completely separated. Earlier this year they had to send me a new diverter, at least I think that is what it’s called. We’ve had the sprayer hose hose replaced twice…and the soap dispenser/pump required multiple fixes. I could go on. Needless to say we are not happy. It is hard to believe something so unreliable is so expensive.