SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriebor

Week Nine - Winding Down

Carrie B
8 years ago

Backsplash is going in! I think it looks great.

Yesterday was an odds & ends kind of day. They primed the exterior steel lintels & will be painting them flat black. There was a bit of water damage over the new window - they hadn't finished caulking the window & we had some driving rain over the weekend, so they spent a bit of time fixing that. Also adjusted cabinets & did some touch up painting.

Today I think that the backsplash is the main event. I'm hoping shower gets done this week, too. I believe that builder will finish the exterior steps & stucco filling in tomorrow. Electrician was here yesterday & finished all electrical stuff. I now have a land line again on the first floor. I'd hoped that this week everything would be complete, but GC says probably a few days next week as well. It's hard to fully get ones life back with people in & out, even with everything functioning right.

Plus, with having to manage cats - locking them up when workers are here, but wanting to give them as much run of the house as possible when they're not here... And one of the cats hides, so I have to plan ahead by locking him up at mealtime. I look forward to the day that litter box can move back to the basement and food & water can move back into the kitchen.

Remember the dishwasher that I could get to latch? Sunday, for no reason I can figure, it latched & I ran it. It worked great! I decided not to cancel service visit, because once there's a problem that corrects itself for no reason... well, my experience is that it eventually un-corrects itself. I thought he'd figure out why it wasn't latching & make it so it doesn't happen again. Appliance guy was one of the worst customer service experiences of my life. He walked in & I told him the deal. He basically opened & closed the DW, said "it works fine" & turned around and walked out. Assuming the problem re-occurs, I'm going to call Frigidaire & give them a piece of my mind.

Comments (42)