SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danny112596

Butterfly Nectar/Host plants & Asclepias

Daniel Sanchez
8 years ago

Hello everyone,

I used to be very active around 2008-2010, but I had to put my passion for gardening in butterflies aside in order to focus on highschool. I have now graduated highschool, enrolled in college, and I am in the process of restoring my backyard gardens to their former beauty before they were ruined by drought and choked out by weedy grasses that grew after many heavy rainfalls. This time around, I am going to mix potting soil with the natural soil to help keep in moisture and use gardening mats to keep the weeds to a minimum.

I was wondering if anyone had some plants (or roots, rooted cuttings, tubers, dormant clumps or roots) to spare for a trade or some type of sasbe or box. I am especially interested in natives (accross the USA) and Asclepias (other than Tropical Milkweed) to grow for Monarchs.

I do have the proper tools and outdoor conditions to all types of Milkweeds even northern varieties. (I can go into detail upon request.) I have spent my free time researching the special growing conditions for many plants that are not native to the Rio Grande Valley, Texas (southern most tip of Texas) and have had success growing several northern varieties of Blackberries, which are extremely picky down here due to our humidity, heat, and soil. I have also grown Pears, Apples, and Plums, all of which are not native and should not be easy to grow here, yet here they are.

If anyone is willing to work out a trade or something, please let me know! I am also interested in hearing about you all's gardens and what plants are most successful as nectar and host plants.

Thank you all for your time,

Danny

(I also posted this in the Seed Exchange section, since this is only for plants)

Comment

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES